Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Protecting Stafford should priority one

November 20, 2023 04:08AM
Old Goat
Ya, Rock, even a gimpy Stafford is better than half the guys I saw throwing the ball yesterday. It's frustrating to see him go from throwing that laser to Puca for the TD, to that wiffle ball chucked to Hendo. The deal was supposed to be that we'd protect him, and he'd come back strong this season. Well, the Rams failed pretty badly at protecting Stafford, and he's taken an absolute beating this year. I don't know how people expect a rookie QB to fare any better running for their life every down like Matt has had to. Until that is better addressed, we're going to get uneven play no matter who is under center.

Nice post OG. thumbs up smiley

If we want to keep Stafford as our QB1 and there is no doubt in my mind that McVay loves Stafford, we need to keep him healthy first and foremost.

I think McVay has a bigger "man crush" on Stafford than he did the Wolf! lol

Just listen to McVay talk about Stafford. The post game speech is a good example. McVay just "gushed" over Stafford when giving him the ball.

I also think there is a slim to none chance we could replace Stafford's talent right away and I think McVay knows that too, so PRIORITY ONE should be building up that OL to keep Stafford healthy as possible for at least a few more years.

We could also call less empty backfield plays too! That might help Stafford stay healthy as well.

Stafford is who he is. He is streaky but can be bad to excellent to HOF levels all in the same game. lol

IMO, we need to keep Stafford healthy if we want to be serious contenders again in the next 3 years so let's build up that OL through the draft AND Free Agency or trade. Do whatever it takes to make that OL a strength.

It's been the offense that has held the team back this year. IMO, the defense, although not great, has kept us in most games. The offense...not so much. beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Matthew Stafford admits thumb isn't 100% but he's not blaming missed throws on it

BerendsenRam312November 19, 2023 04:50PM

like wide open Henderson

ferragamo7984November 19, 2023 05:21PM

That was absolutely Brutal as its tough to get those back

BerendsenRam73November 19, 2023 05:55PM

that was a bad one

LMU9358November 20, 2023 03:29AM

Yes he would have as that was beyong frustrating !

BerendsenRam65November 20, 2023 09:52AM

Please. Of course that thumb had to do with those missed throws

RockRam87November 20, 2023 02:32AM

Re: Please. Of course that thumb had to do with those missed throws

Hazlet Hacksaw60November 20, 2023 02:37AM

Re: Please. Of course that thumb had to do with those missed throws

Old Goat55November 20, 2023 03:30AM

Protecting Stafford should priority one

Ramsdude61November 20, 2023 04:08AM

If I'm the Rams, it's Oline first round, perhaps QB second round

RockRam66November 20, 2023 04:54AM

Good post Rock. Agree with most of that.

Ramsdude66November 20, 2023 05:07AM

Re: Protecting Stafford should priority one

BerendsenRam52November 21, 2023 07:08AM

An injured Stafford is better than Rypien

NewMexicoRam51November 20, 2023 05:57PM

Re: you're a good poster

Speed_Kills97November 20, 2023 05:22AM

Thanks Speed. (nm)

RockRam37November 20, 2023 11:56AM

Re: point spreads

AlbaNY_Ram52November 20, 2023 04:55PM