Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Oldnotdead with an optimistic look at Rams roster…

May 18, 2023 03:48AM
David Deacon

It is the position coaches that need to coach up the players not Morris. If Morris has to coach up the young guys that means we hired the wrong position coaches. It is not like we didn't know that we would have a bunch of young guys and needed position coaches that excelled a player development.

Not sure how much input Morris has with selecting coaches versus McVay.

Morris is responsible for the scheme and who plays on Sunday. That we can discuss and be critical of thought I think his scheme choices are somewhat based on the talent he has available. Yes he does need to coaches his coaches to develop the talent and I am sure he contributes some to player development, especially around creating a learning environment where people can make mistakes and learn from them.

I think the player development has been sliding the last few years a bit and now with the young roster it will be center stage for at least the next 2 years.

Nice post DD! I have to agree on the asst coaches responsibilities. They HAVE to do better at "developing" the new kids. Same goes for the offensive assistants too.

My biggest issue with our defense is our "scheme" or lack thereof. It's basically a Prevent defense. I would love to see us have more trust in the players.

Last year we were told we didn't have the talent to run anything but the Charmin Shell but how do we know that unless we try?

If the players fail, like some clearly did last year, get 'em off the field and bring in the next guy! We were a 5 win team last year and were lucky to win that many.

We all knew the season was lost after the 5th or 6th game but we still played scared. We were afraid we didn't have guys good enough to run anything other than the Prevent defense. Let me repeat. We were a 5 win team. Had nothing to lose by being more aggressive or creative if some prefer that word, yet we still ran that Prevent defense all year long. That seems like a wasted opportunity to evaluate some talent to me.

I hope Morris, Pleasant and Lake let these kids sink or swim. Be creative. Be aggressive a bit more. You never know what might happen. There are no high expectations this year. If we continue to run that Ultra Soft Zone it will be a shame and we will not be giving our kids the best chance to grow as players.

No more playing scared! No more Charmin Shell except to close out our victories!!! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead with an optimistic look at Rams roster…

Rams43313May 17, 2023 05:09AM

I think Jordan Jones of RI Has a Good shot at CB

den-the-coach166May 17, 2023 06:01AM

Ramsdude110May 17, 2023 06:22AM

Rams43118May 17, 2023 06:37AM

den-the-coach81May 17, 2023 07:00AM

Agreed den!

Ramsdude89May 17, 2023 07:10AM

Ramsdude124May 17, 2023 07:01AM

David Deacon39May 18, 2023 03:32AM

Ramsdude41May 18, 2023 03:48AM

303037May 18, 2023 04:28AM

I think you're right 3030

Ramsdude39May 18, 2023 05:13AM

Re: two thoughts

AlbaNY_Ram88May 17, 2023 07:00AM

Re: two thoughts

Ramsdude82May 17, 2023 07:07AM

what sort of work will Noteboom get in camp?

LMU93123May 17, 2023 07:54AM

Agreed on Jackson 93

Ramsdude77May 17, 2023 08:11AM

Re: Agreed on Jackson 93

Killrazor54May 17, 2023 11:31PM