Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead with an optimistic look at Rams roster…

May 17, 2023 05:09AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

I think people continue to underestimate this OL. They were decimated by injuries all year beginning early. They are healthy now and they have much better depth. This OL is better than 2021 as a unit. Noteboom when healthy is better than most think. They have depth with Jackson who showed he can play at a high level at OT. Allen is good when healthy, and they have multiple options beginning with Shelton, then Avila, McAlister and Maginn. Avila was perhaps the highest rated IOL in the draft. I have absolutely no doubt that he will start at LG. If Bruss continues to struggle they have options, with Shelton, Maginn, Thomas, Toner, Jackson and perhaps McClendon. If McClendon can make the transition to OG he could be a long term starter at RG.

Right now before OTAs the OL looks like LT Noteboom, LG Avila, C Allen, RG Bruss, RT Havenstein. That OL is IMO better than the one they won the Super Bowl with. In 2024 I see it like LT Noteboom, LG Zach Thomas, C Avila, RG Bruss or McClendon, RT Jackson.

The OL will be well coached by Wendell and it will give the Rams a run attack with Akers, Evans and Williams something they were lacking since 2018. A decent OL to play behind. That will also keep Stafford upright and will pay big dividends in the passing game. I don't get how people don't think Jefferson is a quality WR. He proved he was in 2021. With Kupp, and the addition of Nacua they will have a trio of good WRs. With Atwell, and Skowronek they will have good role players. Although Nacua will probably line up as a Y WR his role will be much like they wanted from Robinson. He's going to be that solid mid-range big target with good hands. With Jefferson at X running deep, and Kupp drawing double coverage, throws to Higbee and the RBs will be there for the taking.

On defense I think the front 7 will be good. Young will validate the Ram's expectations at edge. Hoecht will be much improved because now he will understand how to play his new position. Mathis will be an upgrade as a rotational edge at DE. If Hampton is indeed played as a SAM OLB his role will be similar to Wagners is some ways though his alignment would be further outside. Both Murchison and Brown flashed last year so I would expect more consistency with them.

The secondary will be improved without the dead weight of Hill and Long. Durant and Hodges-Tomlinson are a clear upgrade to them. If Rochell finally gets back on the field opposite Durant they will have two fine boundary CBs with a legit SCB in HT. I'm hoping that Pleasant will be the missing link in getting the secondary back on track. The talent is clearly there. They need to be coached to play the zone aggressively, not passively as they have been. If they do this defense will surprise people. This is the part of the team that could be sneaky good if coached and used properly. That starts with releasing Kendrick and keeping Cameron McCutcheon. This secondary will need his length in the red zone. He is 6'1" runs a 4.57 with an excellent 10 yd split of 1.58, and equally good change of direction and agility for a man his size. In other words he's everything Kendricks isn't.

I hope teams underestimate the talent on this roster. It would be a shame if fans did also.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead with an optimistic look at Rams roster…

Rams43313May 17, 2023 05:09AM

I think Jordan Jones of RI Has a Good shot at CB

den-the-coach167May 17, 2023 06:01AM

Re: Oldnotdead with an optimistic look at Rams roster…

Ramsdude110May 17, 2023 06:22AM

Rams43119May 17, 2023 06:37AM

den-the-coach82May 17, 2023 07:00AM

Agreed den!

Ramsdude90May 17, 2023 07:10AM

Ramsdude124May 17, 2023 07:01AM

David Deacon39May 18, 2023 03:32AM

Ramsdude42May 18, 2023 03:48AM

303038May 18, 2023 04:28AM

I think you're right 3030

Ramsdude40May 18, 2023 05:13AM

Re: two thoughts

AlbaNY_Ram88May 17, 2023 07:00AM

Re: two thoughts

Ramsdude82May 17, 2023 07:07AM

what sort of work will Noteboom get in camp?

LMU93123May 17, 2023 07:54AM

Agreed on Jackson 93

Ramsdude78May 17, 2023 08:11AM

Re: Agreed on Jackson 93

Killrazor54May 17, 2023 11:31PM