Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The scary part

September 26, 2018 03:43PM
I really don't know what else to compare them to , other then maybe a Earthquake

in that...........

You have no idea when and where one is going to happen

I know Hurricanes do massive amounts of damage , but at least with Hurricanes , you know when ones coming , usually 5 or 6 days in advance , you have time to take precautions , or at least the best you can , you have time to put flying objects aways

but when a Tornado hits , you ain't got time to do ............

grills , patio furniture, lawn mowers , boat trailers , campers , you don't have time to put them away , so they tend to take on a life of their own three miles from home

last Wednesday and Thursday , we had crazy amounts of rain , 10 - 14 inches of rain in two days

Then Friday started out real cool and damp , kind of a cloudy , drizzly day, it stayed cool all day , mid 50's or so

then about 3 in the after noon , the temperature just shot up , it went from like 60 degrees to about 80 degrees and real humid in like an hour , then when I got off work the skies just turned black with those really creepy rolling black clouds

nice thing now days , most everyone has a radar , and or weather APP on their phones , so just as I was getting off work my phone was going off with all kinds of warnings , flash flood warners , Tornado warnings of all kinds , when I got in my car and turned on the radio , all the reports where coming in with high wind damage and heavy rain , and it was headed straight for where I lived , but I had about 25 mile drive to make as I wanted to make it home befoer it got there , so I'm doing 80 MPH for as far as I could before I hit the rain and wind and had to slow to a crawl

well , I didn't make it home in time , as the storm had just passed though , it was still raining lightly , and everyone in town were just coming out of their house to take that first look , and the expression on everyone's face told it all

this time it just wasn't your usually afternoon thunderstorm , this one packed a punch

a little later after the rain had stopped , the wife and I got on our bicycles and road around town taking a look and talking to neighbors , it was almost impossible to drive a car through town , mostly from downed trees and power lines , but partially form sightseers coming into town to take a look

but like I said above , it's just amazing how fast these things can just pop up out of nowhere , with little to no warning

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

We had a tornado ...................maybe

IowaRam288September 22, 2018 03:54PM

I do want to give a shout out to the power company

IowaRam126September 22, 2018 04:07PM

More photos from around the neighborhood

IowaRam144September 23, 2018 08:40AM

Re: More photos from around the neighborhood

RamsFootballFans.com99September 23, 2018 09:33AM

glad you escaped it

21Dog152September 23, 2018 06:16PM

That's more than "severe weather"