Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We had a tornado ...................maybe

September 22, 2018 03:54PM
We had a pretty good storm come through Thursday afternoon

after two straight days of rain that added up to 10 inches of rain , Thursday afternoon , we had a storm come through town here , I was driving home from work in it trying to beat the storm home as I was listening to the reports coming in on radio

I didn't quite do it , as I watched those crazy black clouds rolling over dumping heavy rain ,, it was a very quick , short storm , as I pulled onto main street , the rain was already letting up ,

debris , everywhere , as the first thing I noticed , was foam insulation all over the ground as the storm had torn off the roof of our legion building , it's a flat rubber roof , the wind had peeled the entire roof off and it was laying on the neighbors garage across the alley , and the pink foam insulated was shredded into a million pieces scattered all over town , looked like you went to a KISS concert

I never saw no tornado as I was driving just a few miles south , but now word is that it was a small tornado that just briefly touched down ,

I was pretty lucky , as I only lost one decent size branch off of a tree , and about a 1,000 small twigs , but one neighbor lost two cars that got smashed by a falling tree , and another lost all the big trees in front of thier house , but some how missing their house for the most part

It's been a crazy year , this is the second time that our county has been declared as disaster area this year , we had heavy flooding earlier this Spring , and now wer'e right back in the same spot , the last photo is just one of the many roads in the area ,

leaving for work , leave early and plan on detours , as it changes daily

I've been pretty lucky this year , we've missed the bullet a couple times this year , but it's been close , real close

One neighbor

another neighbor

whats left of our legion roof

inside the second floor of our legion

around the neighborhood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

We had a tornado ...................maybe

IowaRam287September 22, 2018 03:54PM

I do want to give a shout out to the power company

IowaRam126September 22, 2018 04:07PM

More photos from around the neighborhood

IowaRam144September 23, 2018 08:40AM