Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question on how Snead Views team needs

December 17, 2023 07:05AM
I really question how the Rams view their team needs as their are many variables we don't have access to.

On the surface we need another RB. Williams is find but he has been hurt the in each of his 2 seasons and with his running style and size he is likely to get banged up again. So we need another RB or is Evans one they feel they can count on for next season. If they don't think Evans is ready for a #2 spot the need for a RB moves up.

WR: Draft is loaded but you have to see how things play out. Can you wait until the 3/4 round and draft a quality WR or do you need to strike early. Most important thing is to make sure you hit ion a really good player n the 1sr round. I you are not sure of that trade down. Robinson is okay but nothing special and would need to come in at a low price

Backup QB: Who knows what Wentz wants. They haven't been willing to pay the big $$$ for a high quality backup so I am doubtful we will retain him unless Wentz sees that he will really improve by staying another year with the Rams. There does seem to be a lot of QBs that can be drafted high so if they love one of them and they are available in the 1st round do they take one there? Doubt it. However somebody will fall and probably be avail in the 2nd or 3 round but probably won't be viewed as a future starter but a cost effective quality backup. That may be an option. Then there is the question of Bennet. As fans we really don't know squat about this situation. Rams saw him in training camp and preseason and should have good grasp on how he would fair as a backup. They also understand much better than we do whether he is likely to come back healthy and with his head on straight. How the Wentz situation unfolds and or the draft will tell us a lot about how they view the Bennet situation.

Offensive LIne: I think the Line has jelled and is playing well. I don't see them paying big bucks for Dotson and I doubt is market will be that high. Maybe 8 - 10 but it only takes 1 team to make a market. Really don't want to over pay for a G and/or be saddled with a bad contract (Cooks, Gurley, Goff, etc.) Not sure about Shelton but provided there is not a high demand for him resigning him at a reasonable price is a go because he can play multiple positions. Not sure how they feel about the backup like McClendon but adding a C/G in the draft would seem reasonable as Allen will probably be gone and we will need a backup. I think cutting Note saves $5 Mil on the cap. Is he worth it when he is only going to serve as a low quality backup LOT? They will have to evaluate that and I would look at the draft to provide a clue.

DB: Witherspoon has been great IIMO. What is his market going to be? He has had issues staying healthy in the past though this year he has been healthy. I think they will try and resign him but If he goes we will need to add at this position either through FA or Draft.

Edge: I don't see this as a screaming need as both our starters have improved as the season has progressed. They are both young from an experience perspective and I would anticipate continuing improvement. We just used draft picks on Hampton and Mathis but they haven't played much yet. What we don't know is how the Rams evaluate these 2 guys and how much have they grown as the season progressed. Up until last week we would have judged TE Allen as nothing to be excited about but that sure turned around in a hurry.

TE: We just added Higbee for another year and have Allen and Long so I think we are good here.

DL probably need to add another body here via the draft.

43: That is all I can think about right now

Top Priority: Don't put the team in cap hell with huge deal that turns out to be a stinker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2023 07:06AM by David Deacon.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A peek at how I think Snead currently views his offseason options…

Rams43387December 15, 2023 07:09AM

Not one comment or reply?

Rams4381December 16, 2023 05:43AM

Re: A peek at how I think Snead currently views his offseason options…

droopy95December 16, 2023 05:48AM

303077December 16, 2023 06:00AM

Rams4376December 16, 2023 06:07AM

303074December 16, 2023 06:44AM

Re: Bennett

mtramfan81December 16, 2023 10:47AM

Nice breakdown

Ridgewood Ram85December 16, 2023 06:50AM

general mid-December thoughts: flexibility

LMU9378December 16, 2023 06:56AM

You are creating too many holes and thinking every pick will make the team

ferragamo7960December 16, 2023 09:30AM

Re: general mid-December thoughts: flexibility

Killrazor46December 16, 2023 10:08PM

oldschoolramfan99December 16, 2023 08:09AM

+1...

SunTzu_vs_Camus56December 16, 2023 11:22AM

The main effort ought to be defense, defense, defense.

RockRam41December 17, 2023 03:22AM

Question on how Snead Views team needs

David Deacon39December 17, 2023 07:05AM