Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'd like two FA signings

December 13, 2023 03:21PM
To me it feels like we need to add one FA to the offensive line. My rationale is that Boom representing a savings and the fact the team knows by now they cannot rely on him means he is cut. And at that point we only have Havenstein making any sort of money.

Now as to who they sign there is some room for deviation. I was rather hot on that Dolphins center who is poised to hit FA but they just lost him for the season and I'm no doctor so for now he's off my list. The guards are all a bit iffy tbh. And I doubt the top two LT free agents hit the market so it feels like they'll ink Dotson.

From there we have JACKSON / AVILA / SHELTON / DOTSON / HAVENSTEIN. Which means you know you have a let's say "solid" OL if you don't do a thing beyond that. Now I do think it's necessary to add a LT, which is to say an OT with good feet at a minimum whether it is a polished guy up top in the draft or a project a bit later. But you're not desperate. If they let Dotson leave in FA and don't sign anyone then you're back to using regular season games to figure out your OL instead of entering game one with your starting 5 on a roll plus having a kid behind Jackson biding his time and learning.

Then the second FA signing I'd like would be a defensive piece. I prefer either an Edge (Hunter, Allen, etc) or CB (Johnson, Fuller, etc). Now of the corners Johnson I strongly prefer because he upgrades us outside the hash. I want more speed out there. But Fuller is a good slot who can tackle, and the Rams have struggled with tackling on the interior which is why we have Lake in there now. So Fuller would not surprise me but I wouldn't pay for a slot on the FA market personally. And Edge has the ability to impact us most positively because of the AD effect, where a really good Edge coming in plus Young in year two we'd see a lot more potency in our rush. And our secondary has done a pretty good job considering a poor rush.

So ideally that second FA is either an edge or if they are too competitive to get to then go get Johnson and draft an edge.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Time for a little strategic thinking. Do y’all think Rams go ‘all-in’ in 2024?

Rams43276December 13, 2023 07:40AM

Re: Time for a little strategic thinking. Do y’all think Rams go ‘all-in’ in 2024?

Singapore Ram91December 13, 2023 08:10AM

Not sure I ever bought into the "All In" thing...

JamesJM117December 13, 2023 08:26AM

Re: Not sure I ever bought into the "All In" thing...

mtramfan61December 13, 2023 11:10AM

I think you nailed it, MT.....

JamesJM60December 13, 2023 11:45AM

Re: Time for a little strategic thinking. Do y’all think Rams go ‘all-in’ in 2024?

Old Goat64December 13, 2023 08:45AM

If They Did Decide To Go "All-In"...

ramBRO73December 13, 2023 08:54AM

Re: If They Did Decide To Go "All-In"...

Old Goat99December 13, 2023 09:29AM

headslapper55December 13, 2023 10:02AM

Ohiorams50December 13, 2023 10:28AM

I'd like two FA signings

merlin110December 13, 2023 03:21PM

alyoshamucci90December 13, 2023 03:57PM

LaDoc54December 13, 2023 06:02PM