Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think the lesson with Young

November 11, 2023 04:23PM
is that if you're going to give up a lot to trade up to 1 overall you should prioritize getting a difference maker at QB. Young will probably end up being a solid starter. Somewhere in the middle, nice and safe, good kid who will work hard and all that, but in the biggest games vs top defenses he is going to be at a disadvantage in that he won't be able to see as well. So he is likely a game manager type QB. I do like the kid but you can get game managers without moving up to pick 1.

5 years from now will he be the top QB from this class? Very unlikely. Possible of course but I'd say there's a good chance he's not the best QB. And the Panthers gave up picks and a good wideout to go get him.

I think Levis will be the best QB from that class. His game has already come a long way, the guy looked vet-like vs that Steelers defense which surprised me. Coen talked about how hard he works prior to the draft and so there's a team that got a top end talent who can see over his OL in round 2.

I don't think the Rams can count on a guy like him being overlooked every year, obviously. But it happens over and over. Teams overlook certain guys so if that happens this year then pounce on him. Otherwise go get a LT if at all possible and then a game manager for backup later on and another RB to pair with Williams. That should put this offense back on the map. If they can find a rangy receiver with some speed to replace Tutu even better.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bryce Young a cautionary tale for what Rams do with 1st round pick…

Rams43316November 11, 2023 03:10AM

Re: Bryce Young a cautionary tale (When will the NFL ever learn?)

GRAM Torino70November 11, 2023 03:58AM

Old Goat56November 11, 2023 05:44AM

GRAM Torino55November 11, 2023 06:26AM

Re: Bryce Young a cautionary tale for what Rams do with 1st round pick…

alyoshamucci74November 11, 2023 03:58AM

six2stack40November 11, 2023 04:09PM

droopy50November 11, 2023 04:43AM

What a Beyond Wasted No.2 Overall Pick that was !

BerendsenRam32November 11, 2023 04:15PM

I think the lesson with Young

merlin48November 11, 2023 04:23PM

O LINE!!! O LINE!!!!! Followed by D LINE!!!

Ramgator57November 11, 2023 04:27PM

Ramboni47November 11, 2023 06:09PM