Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yep. his health is the key merlin

July 08, 2023 07:30AM
merlin
Needs to demonstrate he can stay healthy first off. Rams are not patient when it comes to production, especially with guys who are paid. Last season wasn't fully his fault, I don't think he played particularly well for most of the time he was healthy but protections were terrible even before the injuries began up front.

So he just needs to put up a nice reminder year where the Rams see the guy they got in that playoff stretch. And hopefully they are serious about the run game, which would help to keep him healthy. Some of that is going to be on the team for sure to provide good OL play and keep defenses guessing with that ground attack so if that happens yeah I could see him finishing out his time with us.

If he misses significant time I think the Rams package picks including that first rounder to move as high as possible and take a QB. Still might do that even if Stafford plays well but I expect how well he plays and whether he can keep his health going will factor in to those plans.

I expect he's going to put up a really fine season either way. Only concern I have with him is health.

We know he still has the talent to be great and he is in the right system to help him be great.

Like you, my concern is his health. Just as I am sure it is with the Rams too.

I do think Stafford wasn't as injured as advertised last year. IMO, they just didn't want to expose the franchise QB to more punishment behind that High School caliber OL.

I don't think it was Stafford's idea either. You would have to kill him to knock him out of the game!

I think they made the right call too. It was the smart thing to do. thumbs up smiley

As for drafting one next year I am hoping we don't need to do that. I am not sure McVay is the greatest talent evaluator when it comes to QB's. lol

He gave Goff this huge extension and couldn't get rid of him soon enough.

He also thought The Wolf was an NFL caliber player too! rolled eyes smiley

There is already some rumors going around that McVay would go after Kirk Cousins next year if he had to.

My money is on Stafford being our QB for at least the next 2 years if healthy. beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will Matthew Stafford retire as a Ram?

BerendsenRam253July 06, 2023 07:17AM

It is my understanding that Stafford’s contract makes him untradeable…

Rams4368July 06, 2023 08:10AM

Re: It is my understanding that Stafford’s contract makes him untradeable… Attachments

AlbaNY_Ram143July 06, 2023 09:23AM

Re: It is my understanding that Stafford’s contract makes him untradeable…

Rams4387July 07, 2023 07:33AM

Nice work

LesBaker63July 08, 2023 09:38AM

I don't get the trade thing

OzRam66July 08, 2023 10:21PM

Re: I don't get the trade thing Attachments

AlbaNY_Ram69July 09, 2023 05:58AM

Re: I don't get the trade thing

BerendsenRam43July 09, 2023 08:00AM

Re: Will Matthew Stafford retire as a Ram?

LaDoc89July 06, 2023 09:33AM

Yes He will Retire a Ram.

den-the-coach79July 07, 2023 07:52AM

Re: Yes He will Retire a Ram.

BerendsenRam64July 07, 2023 08:12AM

He definitely needs a big bounceback season in 2023

merlin59July 08, 2023 07:03AM

Re: He definitely needs a big bounceback season in 2023

Rams4337July 08, 2023 07:30AM

Yep. his health is the key merlin

Ramsdude63July 08, 2023 07:30AM

I'm seriously holding my breath THIS season!

Ramgator60July 07, 2023 09:08AM

Re: I'm seriously holding my breath THIS season!

Rams4374July 07, 2023 09:21AM

Comforting to hear because........

Ramgator68July 07, 2023 10:05AM

Re: Comforting to hear because........

BerendsenRam72July 07, 2023 12:44PM

Yes.

JimYoungblood5346July 07, 2023 01:24PM