Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Setting expectations for every rookie in Rams draft class…

June 05, 2023 08:45AM
I'm going to focus more on what I want to see ... basically highlights of expectation ...

iOL Steve Avila

I expect that, for the most part, he will not be getting walked back into Stafford. I also expect him to have a couple explosive goal line person moving blocks.

EDGE Byron Young

This is a tougher one that I'm higher on ... I don't think the defense got really coached up at Tennessee. I expect a drastic difference in his play from the beginning to the end of the season. I expect splash plays every game and mistakes every game.
I also think that if he plays a lot of snaps I'm expecting pretty close to Floyd level sack and pressure numbers. Floyd wasn't top 25 there so I'm not sayin it'll be a lot.

iDL Kobie Turner

I mean ... I am looking for 3-5 TFLs and not getting embarrassed. Dawgwork takes time and it's a crowded room.

QB Stetson Bennett IV

I want to see him have a confident preseason and I want to see him in the 4th quarters of a few games making quick decisions.

EDGE Nick Hampton

This is a tougher one ... he has to play well on teams to make the 53. I think he will. I don't expect many defensive snaps. Hardy and Thomas aren't just gonna roll over.

OL Warren McClendon

As guys get dinged in games I want to not notice when he comes in. I expect him to be able to manage for some snaps or even the balance of a game without being bullied.

TE Davis Allen

I expect Matt Stafford to have 5-8 targets in the end zone above the rim for him and bet he comes down with 3-4. That's what I want to see. I also expect that he fills in solid as TE2 when Higbee gets hurt. Which will happen.

WR Puka Nacua

I expect to see him early on jet sweeps. I expect to see him blocking a few plays every game. I don't expect much more than a dozen catches likely during two minute drills with an umbrella type cushion. Also, I give him a 25% chance of not missing at least 2 weeks with injury.

CB Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson

This is the Thorpe award winner. If he was 6-0 180 he'd have gone top 20. I expect him to start, likely on the outside, game 1. I expect 3 INTs and being mentioned for DROY. When was the last time a Thorpe award winner went this late? His feet, hips, and short area quickness are all elite .. hence the INTs.

EDGE Ochaun Mathis

Maybe a PS guy.

RB Zach Evans

I expect him to have a few flash plays and get injured. I know ... he's just let me down year after year.

P Ethan Evans

I expect him to punt footballs from time to time.

S Jason Taylor II and Quindell Johnson

I expect them to make the team with special teams play, and push Lake onto the PS, with one of them taking the 3rd S job and sharing snaps with Yeast by the end of the year.

DL Desjuan Johnson

I think he needs a redshirt. He needs ten pounds of muscle to do in the NFL what he did at Toledo.

RB Tiyon Evans

I expect him to surprise people. I expect him to make the 53 and possibly be RB2 by the end of the year.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Setting expectations for every rookie in Rams draft class…

Rams43261June 03, 2023 05:13PM

Re: Setting expectations for every rookie in Rams draft class…

BerendsenRam84June 03, 2023 05:20PM

Lots of Rookies have good shot at playing time

David Deacon82June 04, 2023 03:15AM

Patience & Coaching With This Rookie Class.

den-the-coach82June 04, 2023 05:47AM

Re: Patience & Coaching With This Rookie Class.

Rams4389June 04, 2023 06:05AM

den-the-coach68June 04, 2023 06:51AM

David Deacon71June 05, 2023 03:26AM

Blinkscout Setting expectations for every rookie in Rams draft class…

alyoshamucci96June 05, 2023 08:45AM