Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lots of Rookies have good shot at playing time

June 04, 2023 03:15AM
In some ways this will be the most interesting off season in a long time. We have a lot of young guys, rookies and 2nd year players that have a real shot at being in the rotation or even starting to start the season. Once the injuries hit as they always do we will see even more young guys that will have to step up and play.

With all the new players and new coaches it will actually be fun to watch the preseason games to see how these guy develop. Training game reports should be chock full of great information too. Let's hope the news is good.

I am hesitant to jump on the bandwagon of any of these guys right now as I will always remember Robinson who looked like the best Tackle in College football in a long time and who was just terrible as a pro. I look at all the high first round draft picks at QB who fizzled out quickly and a bunch of WR too, remember Austin. Those examples were all drafted in the top of the 1st round and things get a lot fuzzier when you get later in the draft and even later in the 1st round.

What I am pretty sure of is that we will have some guys that really surprise us to the upside and some guys who for whatever reason don't seem to catch on to the nuance and complexities needed to make the jump from College to the Pros.

But we have a bunch of talented young guys and a lot of opportunities available so the odds say we are bound to hit on a few of them and hopefully a couple turn into impact players. It should be a lot of fun to see how this unfolds over the next 2 years. .
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Setting expectations for every rookie in Rams draft class…

Rams43261June 03, 2023 05:13PM

Re: Setting expectations for every rookie in Rams draft class…

BerendsenRam84June 03, 2023 05:20PM

Lots of Rookies have good shot at playing time

David Deacon82June 04, 2023 03:15AM

Patience & Coaching With This Rookie Class.

den-the-coach83June 04, 2023 05:47AM

Re: Patience & Coaching With This Rookie Class.

Rams4389June 04, 2023 06:05AM

den-the-coach68June 04, 2023 06:51AM

David Deacon72June 05, 2023 03:26AM

Blinkscout Setting expectations for every rookie in Rams draft class…

alyoshamucci97June 05, 2023 08:45AM