Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: DeMeco Ryans emerges as “a top candidate” for Broncos

January 26, 2023 08:15AM
This was the other team who interviewed Morris. Hmmm, Ryans or Morris? I wonder who they will pick? rolled eyes smiley

At least this would make the whiners "weaker"! beer cheer smiley

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2023, 1:02 PM EST
Link

As of Tuesday night, word was circulating that the Broncos could make a decision as to their next head coach as soon as Wednesday. They quite possibly have.

Mike Klis of 9News.com reports that 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans has emerged as “a top candidate” for the job.

There’s a huge difference between “a top candidate” and “the top candidate.” Ryans and former Stanford coach David Shaw were the two primary names we heard earlier in the week.

Klis writes that “Broncos’ Chief Executive Officer and owner Greg Penner has spent the last few days regrouping with the other involved owners — Carrie Penner, Rob Walton and Condoleezza Rice–as well as General Manager George Paton.”

If they did indeed make a decision on Wednesday, and if they have decided on Ryans, nothing can happen until after the 49ers’ season ends. That could happen as soon as Sunday, obviously. If San Francisco wins at Philadelphia, Ryans won’t be available until after the Super Bowl.

Klis, who identified Shaw as a “sleeper” last week, omits Shaw when listing the other candidates who “remain in the mix”: Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, former Saints coach Sean Payton, and former Lions and Colts head coach Jim Caldwell.

Ryans would be the fourth straight Broncos coach with no head-coaching experience. Maybe, after whiffing on three in a row, the Broncos are due to hire a coordinator who becomes a great head coach.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude238January 26, 2023 08:15AM

SF would get a pair of third-rounders

BigGame81134January 26, 2023 08:19AM

Re: this year and next (nm).

AlbaNY_Ram49January 26, 2023 10:55AM

They're Already Getting Two 3rd's for Ran Carthon

RamBill66January 26, 2023 01:29PM

Re: Report: DeMeco Ryans emerges as “a top candidate” for Broncos

Ekern55106January 26, 2023 08:37AM

Re: Report: DeMeco Ryans emerges as “a top candidate” for Broncos