Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

working out... something new happened to me this week....

May 08, 2020 05:12PM
As you know until my heart attack some .... I've forgotten... 6 years ago now? I was pretty avid about working out, staying in shape.... some year I was fanatical about it. The last 6 years, however, I've been a slob.

So when I start back up this year I knew two things... what works for me and what doesn't and also that it would, obviously, be harder (much harder), this time because I'm a lot older.

In all the years I exercised there was always good and bad days. No big deal. During my 'fanatical' years I would even do a full workout with a 103º fever (no need to tell me how stupid that is). But 2 days ago something 'new' happened to me... and lasted thru yesterday. Both days began normally, felt no different... perhaps a little less energetic but nothing to write home about... then I began working out AND WHOA....

not even a ¼ way into my workout I knew I was in trouble... I was noticeably weak, and growing weaker by the second... by the time I pulled up and stopped I thought it possible I was going to black out. Nope, didn't feel 'sick'... didn't even feel 'bad', just spent... weak to the point of total exhaustion. I couldn't remember what I had eaten on those days so I immediately made myself a peanut-butter and honey sandwich... which helped, a lot. Yesterday's workout was a repeat performance of the 'weakness' although not quite as severe.

So a little over an hour ago when I got on my treadmill, (didn't want to go outside today for fear of collapsing on a ditch bank and not being found for a day or two laughing smiley ).... I wasn't 'scared' but I was worried. I started slowly, slower than usual, watching for that weakness to hit... told myself a couple of times it was setting in but actually it didn't. Half way into my workout I picked it up to my normal pace... I was ok, but still cautious. ¾ quarters of the way in I really picked it up... finished stronger than I have ever worked out this year. It was NOT a 'great day' for me, by any means... but none of the utter exhaustion and weakness of the previous two days.

So what in the HELL was that? Diet? Some low grade sickness? sstrams sticking pins in a JamesJM VooDoo doll? I don't have any idea!

Tomorrow I'm going to be cautious as well...although I probably will do my outdoors run on the ditch banks. I'm also going to take along my Rosary Beads. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

working out... something new happened to me this week....

JamesJM245May 08, 2020 05:12PM

Keep it uip. . . except. . . ..

RAMbeau160May 08, 2020 05:21PM

Yes, very mild....

JamesJM149May 08, 2020 05:28PM

Re: Yes, very mild....

RAMbeau160May 09, 2020 04:58AM

Re: working out... something new happened to me this week....

Aries191May 08, 2020 05:54PM

Yes, Blood Sugar...

JamesJM160May 08, 2020 06:17PM

Re: Yes, Blood Sugar...

Aries202May 09, 2020 05:39AM

Well, no relapse as yet....

JamesJM140May 09, 2020 04:58PM