Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thinking of mothballing my treadmill....

April 26, 2020 08:17AM
This is personal choice... and NOT in the least criticism of those who like treadmills... in fact, I admire those that do, and I wish I did... but I don't.

They are so boring as to be coma-inducing... for ME, not necessarily YOU. I gotta get outside. And... the weather is now good for doing just that.

I tried listening to music while on the treadmill, watching movies, I even tried self-hypnosis... all for naught. Oh it works occasionally, and briefly... but in the end it's not for me.

And I won't really mothball my treadmill...other family members use it. NOT my granddaughter, however, who is like me.... bores her to tears.

At first the 'google map' workouts, where you use google street view to see exotic locales to walk/run thru was nice... but again, not for long. PLUS:

And I don't know why this is, it makes no sense to me... a treadmill is MUCH harder on my feet/legs than the ditch banks around my home. I never get sore feet out circling my land... I always get sore feet on the treadmill.

So today I'm moving on... or rather 'out'... outside that is... and the treadmill can start collecting spider webs for all I care. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

thinking of mothballing my treadmill....

JamesJM272April 26, 2020 08:17AM

I hate the hamster wheel...

sstrams184April 26, 2020 08:31AM

I had the same problem. . .

RAMbeau151April 26, 2020 10:54AM

To me any exercise is boring

waterfield136April 26, 2020 11:09AM

Well I'm kinda cheap exercise way....

roman18142April 26, 2020 11:19AM

love my treadmill

ferragamo79210May 01, 2020 01:53PM

Not me, LOL...