Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The surgery it's self

November 22, 2023 11:42AM
there are hundreds of videos on youtube that can explain it better

I've watched most of them...................lol

but basically , your eye lens gets a hard smokey film on it ,

it's not like being near sighted or far sighted , it's just a smokey colored blur that covers everything and just gets worse

but the surgery it's self

I guess they cut this little slit in the side of your eye , and they use this little ultrasonic vacuum cleaner thingy , they bust up your old cloudy lens with the ultrasonic , and suck out the pieces , and then they slide in the new lens through that open slit

the whole thing takes less then 10 minutes , maybe 5 minutes , it's really quick , from the time they pushed me into the operation room to the time they push me out , was less then 10 minute

oh yea , you're awake and fully aware the whole time , although you don't see whats going on , you can hear every thing , never even saw the doctor during the operation , barley saw him at all

when you first get there , two nurses take you back to a room , and start taking your vitals , and while thier doing that , they start putting in eye drops , probaly three different ones , they gave me a shot in top of my right hand , no idea what that was for , then they stick that needle thing in my right had where they hook up the anesthesia later , my doctor comes in , says a little prayer with me , and is gone

then they leave you in this room for like a half hour

then another nurse shows up , gets you in a wheel chair , and wheels you down to like a staging area right outside the operating room , and then you get on a bed thingy , where they stick the monitor thingys to you , and then give you another eye drop ,and then I waited there another 20 minutes or so

your laying flat on your back just looking straight up at the ceiling , thats pretty much all you see is the ceiling , another nurse comes and get you and pushes you into the operating room , again , all you see is the ceiling and being pushed under some kind of machine , no idea what it looks like as you only see a small portion of it , I saw a tiny bit of the nurse over my right shoulder for a spilt second , they strap your head down , throw a sheet over your head where only your one eye is exposed , you look straight up at a white light , followed by a couple small blue lights , but you're awake the whole time and can hear everything thats going on , you feel a little pressure on the eye a couple times , not painful at all , and you can tell when they put a couple more eye drops in , I think the doctor said , look at the light like twice , and the next thing I know they're wheeling me back out again.....................lol

like 5 minutes

the doctor comes out in the hallway , says something me , then goes back into the operating room , I have no idea what he said.................lol

they push me back to the room I started in , hooked me back up this this blood pressure monitor , went and got me some water and a sandwich , then I had to sit in the room by myself , while the blood pressure monitor automatically checked my blood pressure every 10 minutes or so , for like a half hour , the anesthesia wore off quickly , then I was good go

I actually saw my doctor like two minutes the whole time

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Had my cataract surgery yesterday

IowaRam80November 22, 2023 08:13AM

So is your vision better, for Petes sake?

sstrams34November 22, 2023 08:23AM

oh , sorry

IowaRam60November 22, 2023 09:01AM

P.S.

IowaRam45November 22, 2023 09:08AM

I'm glad your vision has improved

sstrams31November 22, 2023 02:37PM

I require more info....

JamesJM52November 22, 2023 10:21AM

The surgery it's self

IowaRam45November 22, 2023 11:42AM

I still don't get it...