Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need to watch it again - I'm sure I'll forget lots of stuff.. **SPOILER ALERT**

March 02, 2023 02:56AM
**SPOILER ALERT** (scroll down)

So, some of the really annoying things in 47 Meters Down Uncaged are: It starts good.. the cave the girls go to swim in is typical of some of the caves we dive in Mexico, which is where the movie is set.. Not all, but some caves have ponds on the surface, followed by a cave entrance at the bottom of the pond.. So, we're good so far..

The it goes off the rails.. There is no former Mayan civilization or town within any cave system in Mexico.. There are a couple of cave dives that contain animal and even human bones, but those were as a result of being trapped in the cave when a surface hole was created by part of the roof caving in.. the caves then filled with fresh rain water which eeked its way to the ocean, which is about 200-500 yards away.. Sometimes the salt water from the ocean backs up into the cave systems..

so, they have this MASSIVE Mayan town in the cave, and then they are attacked by blind Great Whites.. Blind because they wouldn't need eyes in a dark cave system - even tho most of the aquatic life we encounter in caves can see perfectly.. Plus, Great Whites live in salt water.. COLD salt water.. Not tropical fresh water.. I mentioned this earlier: There is a Bull Shark breeding location literally 5-10 miles from most of the cave systems.. It wouldn't be a stretch to have Bull Sharks find their way into the caves, since the caves ARE connected to the ocean.. AND Bull Sharks CAN live in fresh water and are EVERY BIT as scary as Great Whites.. They are smaller, but extremely aggressive.. Using Bull Sharks would have been plausible.. Great Whites - no way..

So, if the cave, two(?) of the girls get sucked down a vortex in the cave that is draining and creating a massive tornado-like suction phenomenon.. This is the hardest thing in the movie for me to let slide.. There is a rather thick layer of silt on the floor of every cave and ANY kind of current - even from your fins - will stir it up so bad you can barely see.. But they have this huge hole that is sucking water at an unbelievable rate, while not stirring up the silt in the rest of the cave.. a drain THAT big and violent would create massive current in the cave and the cave would be empty of water very soon.. We've only encounter a mild current in one cave in Mexico.. It just doesn't happen.. and what they tried to project - which was to add suspense - is laughable.. we DID laugh out loud in the theater..

So, I forget a lot of other stuff.. Last thing I remember is one girl makes it to the ocean and surfaces in the water with a huge cliff on the mainland - not a beach.. I think that was necessary to not give her a way out immediately so they could add more suspense.. But the Caribbean coast in Mexico is flat.. the entire coast is flat.. there ARE some cliffs in Tulum, which is why the Mayans built one of their cities there, but there is beach the entire way with cliffs maybe 30-40 yards inland.. No cliffs that meet the water that I'm aware of..

So, you mentioned the collective IQ of the girls was pretty bad.. Well, that's what you run into with hot bikini babes that just happen to go cave diving.. and what has always cracked me up - including in the original 47 Meters Down, they all use absolutely horrific, unmaintained equipment that is rusty and just waiting to break, because they have no money.. BUT they all have the most state of the art full head covering dive helmets with microphones and speakers inside so they can communicate throughout the movie.. Otherwise, there would be no dialog.. Its just funny to have rusty crap equipment, but top of thel line communication in their dive helmets.. lol

So, yeah, I guess I nitpicked quite a bit lol

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ok, you shark guys... did you already talk about this?

JamesJM138February 28, 2023 07:49PM

47 Meters Down Uncaged..

sstrams140March 01, 2023 02:51AM

If I find the time I'll watch it today....

JamesJM78March 01, 2023 04:51AM

Yeah, let me know..

sstrams109March 01, 2023 07:13AM

Ok, I'm ready... and about The Wolf's Call....

JamesJM86March 01, 2023 12:03PM

Hmmm, well.....

JamesJM62March 01, 2023 03:07PM

I need to watch it again - I'm sure I'll forget lots of stuff.. **SPOILER ALERT**

sstrams44March 02, 2023 02:56AM

You may or may not remember.. Attachments

sstrams81March 02, 2023 07:51AM

Not being a diver I have no experience with that....

JamesJM90March 02, 2023 09:02AM

I've always found that odd....

sstrams67March 02, 2023 09:20AM