Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

47 Meters Down Uncaged..

March 01, 2023 02:51AM
was the sequel to "47 Meters Down", which was originally called "In the Deep".. What happened was they were ready to release In The Deep the same year as "The Shallows" (another shark movie) and decided to release it the following year so as to not be released the same summer as another shark movie..

So, for SOME reason they decided to change the name of In the Deep to 47 Meters Down.. I actually managed to buy a copy of In The Deep on DVD the summer it was originally supposed to be released.. So, I had the movie a year before it was released and was packaged under the In The Deep name..

So 47 Meters Down is about two girls on a shark cage dive expedition and the cable breaks.. Then the movie goes on to completely RAPE dive science, but is actually a fairly decent movie that did well enough to have a sequel, which was 47 Meters Down Uncaged..

Yes, I have discussed Uncaged here before.. We originally saw it in the theater and my wife and I were BUSTING OUT LAUGHING because it was supposedly set and shott in the same caves we dive in Mexico, which have blind Great Whites in them (snicker) ad a bunch of other stuff that IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING TRUE.. so, we laughed through the movie in the theater as none of it was technically right.. NONE..

So, it came on TV a year or two aga and I rewatched it, with an open mind, and tried to pretend I didn't know anything about shark diving, cave diving, and Mexican caves.. and it was actually NOT BAD.. I actually liked it as long as I pretended I didn't know they were raping reality about 5 times a minute..

So, I could go into specific detail over what was technically inaccurate. if you like, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.. The only technicality I'll address - because everyone knows sharks are in the movie - was that Great Whites don't live on the Caribbean side of Mexico because its too warm, and they don't live in fresh water because they cannot, and fresh water is what is in the caves in Mexico..

BUT.. Bull Sharks DO live on the Caribbean side of Mexico, in the ocean, literally a half mile from some of the caves depicted in the movie.. and, as we all know, Bull Sharks CAN live in freshwater.. So, they SHOULD have had Bull Sharks in the caves, not Great Whites, because Bull Sharks in freshwater caves is actually plausible..

But, its a decent flick.. If you haven't seen The Shallows, it rapes shark science, as well, but actually isn't bad.. the ending is the stupidest ending to a movie I've ever seen, but we won't go into that here, just yet..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ok, you shark guys... did you already talk about this?

JamesJM138February 28, 2023 07:49PM

47 Meters Down Uncaged..

sstrams141March 01, 2023 02:51AM

If I find the time I'll watch it today....

JamesJM79March 01, 2023 04:51AM

Yeah, let me know..

sstrams110March 01, 2023 07:13AM

Ok, I'm ready... and about The Wolf's Call....

JamesJM88March 01, 2023 12:03PM

Hmmm, well.....

JamesJM63March 01, 2023 03:07PM

I need to watch it again - I'm sure I'll forget lots of stuff.. **SPOILER ALERT**

sstrams46March 02, 2023 02:56AM

You may or may not remember.. Attachments

sstrams83March 02, 2023 07:51AM

Not being a diver I have no experience with that....

JamesJM91March 02, 2023 09:02AM

I've always found that odd....

sstrams68March 02, 2023 09:20AM