Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Oldnotdead with some strong opinions on position group battles…

June 20, 2022 09:08AM
Rams43
Edwards would have to have a breakout year this season to keep from becoming a comp pick.

I think if Edwards has a breakout year he's even more likely to become a comp pick than if he plays at the same level as last year. It will cost more for the Rams to re-sign him if he does make a leap this season, making it even more difficult for the Rams to keep him.

Rams43
OBJ is talking himself out of a job. He's going to wait to see if there are any WR injuries in TC or the early part of the season hoping to force the Ram's hand. I don't think Snead likes being played that way. The Rams have too many options. Unless Kupp or Robinson get hurt OBJ won't have any leverage

I don't actually think OBJ is taking a wait and see approach: if anything the Rams are. If the Rams sign him now they would undoubtedly put him on the PUP list, meaning he would have to miss the first 6 weeks of the season (which isn't a big deal since OBJ wouldn't be ready before that any way). HOWEVER, if the Rams signed OBJ and put him on the PUP list they'd have to start paying his salary Week 1! And I seriously doubt that the Rams want to start paying OBJ week 1 when there's no guarantee he'll even play this year. And so, IMO the Rams are waiting to see if OBJ is gonna make a comeback this year and won't sign him until it becomes pretty clear that he is on track to play in 2022.

AlbaNY_Ram

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2022 09:09AM by AlbaNY_Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead with some strong opinions on position group battles…

Rams43372June 20, 2022 06:26AM

SoCalRAMatic249June 20, 2022 07:42AM

Rams43245June 20, 2022 08:34AM

SoCalRAMatic241June 20, 2022 09:12AM

not so sure about the TE position

21Dog161June 21, 2022 05:06AM

AlbaNY_Ram145June 20, 2022 09:08AM

alyoshamucci154June 20, 2022 10:49AM