Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead with some strong opinions on position group battles…

June 20, 2022 06:26AM
Here’s Oldnotdead…

RG is Bruss' job to lose. If they thought Anchrum or Shelton was their starter they would not have been so worried about Bruss not falling to them. Shelton is their fallback. IMO Shelton is a better center than OG though he can play that position. Anchrum is a backup at best. Shelton could be Edward's replacement next year. Edwards would have to have a breakout year this season to keep from becoming a comp pick.

Higbee, Blanton, and Hopkins are the TEs in that order. No competition there.

WR: Kupp, Robinson, Jefferson, Skowronek, Harris, and Tutu are their WRs. OBJ is talking himself out of a job. He's going to wait to see if there are any WR injuries in TC or the early part of the season hoping to force the Ram's hand. I don't think Snead likes being played that way. The Rams have too many options. Unless Kupp or Robinson get hurt OBJ won't have any leverage.

Williams looks to be Michel's replacement so they are set at RB.

Durant will be in contention as the #3 CB. He can play inside or outside. It frees up Morris to move Ramsey around. I wouldn't be surprised if Morris plays a nickel as his base with Rapp, Durant, and Lake rotating as the nickel DB. I would expect this to be a redshirt year for Yeast.

I think the major competition will be at punter. Although he hasn't been signed yet, they did have Julian Diaz in for a workout. IMO that signals some doubt about Dixon and Dicker if they are still shopping. They could still bring Diaz in as a TC signing. I think Dicker will get the bulk if not all the work in the preseason. If he proves himself I think he could beat out Dixon. Dixon is a vet yet he's a marginal NFL punter IMO. Dicker is simply raw as can be. I like Diaz and wonder why they prefer Dicker over Diaz. No matter what a punter can be is a game changer in a good way or a bad way.

I think this roster is pretty much set. IMO Durant is like Bruss, if he proves he can play he will. In the long term I think it's going to be Ramsey, Rochell and Durant as their starting CBs.

If this defense finishes in the top 5 which it could, I expect Morris to be a HC somewhere and Sean getting another DC. Who else has he worked with that can be a DC?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead with some strong opinions on position group battles…

Rams43371June 20, 2022 06:26AM

Re: Oldnotdead with some strong opinions on position group battles…

SoCalRAMatic249June 20, 2022 07:42AM

Rams43245June 20, 2022 08:34AM

SoCalRAMatic241June 20, 2022 09:12AM

not so sure about the TE position

21Dog161June 21, 2022 05:06AM

AlbaNY_Ram145June 20, 2022 09:08AM

alyoshamucci154June 20, 2022 10:49AM