Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which rookie will make the biggest impact in 2022?

June 17, 2022 11:15AM
[www.turfshowtimes.com] Random Ramsdom:

Los Angeles Rams News and Links for 6/17/22

By CliffJackson@CliffJacksonn Jun 17, 2022, 8:05am CDT

NFL: Los Angeles Rams OTA
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
The 2022 draft class for the defending champion Los Angeles Rams consists of eight players, none of which were first or second round picks.

The first pick for the Rams came in the third round and was spent on a guard out of the University of Wisconsin by the name of Logan Bruss. Then, in order, came Decobie Durant (Ccool smiley, Kyren Williams (Rcool smiley, Quentin Lake (S), Derion Kendrick (Ccool smiley, Daniel Hardy (EDGE), Russ Yeast (S), and AJ Arcurie (OT). At a glance, it is clear the team went heavy on the secondary, using half of their picks on the position group. However, that does not mean they will all see the field, as the competition out there will be stiff for all DBs this upcoming camp.

NFL: Los Angeles Rams Minicamp
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
With that being said, it will be tough sledding for the rookie DBs to become the most impactful players out of the class, which is why my pick for the most impactful rookie is the player the Rams selected with their first pick in the draft.

With the loss of G Austin Corbett, Logan Bruss will have the opportunity to become a starting guard for the Rams in his rookie season. Out of the entire draft class, Bruss will have the most obtainable route to make an impact immediately, in which case I believe he will. The battle will most likely be between Bobby Evans, Jeremiah Kolone, Tremayne Anchrum, and Bruss, a battle in which I believe is a two horse race between Bruss and Evans. Evans, a third round pick in his own right, has the most starting experience out of the group. However, I feel that if the Rams had real faith in him, they would not have taken a guard the first chance they got.

It will be interesting to see how the training camp battles play out, and which rookies may force themselves onto the field with strong first impressions come August.

What do you guys think? Who will be the most impactful rookie in 2022?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam325June 17, 2022 11:15AM

Re: Which rookie will make the biggest impact in 2022?

SoCalRAMatic153June 17, 2022 06:45PM

Rams43149June 17, 2022 06:48PM

Ramstien179June 18, 2022 03:20AM

Corner should be open for competition

merlin104June 20, 2022 08:41AM

Bruss

BC Ramsfan179June 18, 2022 01:04PM

Re: Bruss

den-the-coach155June 19, 2022 05:16AM

BerendsenRam209June 20, 2022 08:58AM

SoCalRAMatic102June 20, 2022 09:45AM