Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jalen Ramsey sets the record straight about his matchup with Hunter Renfrow

August 19, 2021 11:28AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva
August 19, 2021 11:59 am PT

If you ask reporters who were in attendance for Wednesday’s practice between the Rams and Raiders, Hunter Renfrow got the best of Jalen Ramsey. Media members shared several notes about Renfrow beating Ramsey when the two were matched up, including a deep pass completed by Derek Carr.

But if you ask Ramsey, the whole thing got blown out of proportion. He met with reporters after Thursday’s practice, which was cut short due to a brawl, and set the record straight about what went actually happened when he covered Renfrow during the first practice.

He wasn’t even aware of the buzz that was generated until afterwards when defensive line coach Eric Henderson told him he was “Michael Jackson popular” and trending on Twitter.

“I go check it out and I guess some of their media thought that Hunter Renfrow had a really good day against me. I still can’t find the plays. I watched the film twice and I still can’t find the plays where I was burnt multiple times. But, sure,” Ramsey said. “He had one good catch on me yesterday, 6 yards, still a fourth down. But, it’s cool.”

Ramsey was having fun and smiling the whole time when discussing his matchup with Renfrow, even throwing a compliment the receiver’s way. He said Renfrow has some Cooper Kupp in his game, which just about any slot receiver would probably like to hear.

Ramsey reiterated that Renfrow didn’t give him any issues, though, and felt he actually had a good day of practice despite what those were saying on Twitter.

“I get that sometimes mentioning my name going against certain receivers may give them buzz and it may pump them up some – and this is no disrespect to Hunter Renfrow because I actually think he’s a pretty good player. I think he has some Cooper Kupp in him,” he continued. “But I didn’t have no issues yesterday. Watching the film, I played pretty well yesterday. Maybe people just need to learn the differences between zones and man and schemes. It doesn’t really bother me, but I feel like sometimes you’ve got to set the record straight sometimes and then you just leave it at that and tell people to enjoy their day. It’s just fun really. It’s nothing major.”

Ramsey took to Twitter on Wednesday when his matchup with Renfrow was blowing up on social media and shared a message with his followers, attempting to set the record straight. That’s hard to do on Twitter, though, which is why it’s good he could add context with the media today.

It may have seemed like Renfrow cooked Ramsey all day on Wednesday, but the cornerback had a different story to tell.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jalen Ramsey responds to claims of Raiders WR Hunter Renfrow winning practice matchup

BerendsenRam536August 19, 2021 09:25AM

BerendsenRam242August 19, 2021 11:28AM

Reminds me of when the RAMS beat the boys....

roman18128August 19, 2021 01:28PM

Re: Reminds me of when the RAMS beat the boys....

MamaRAMa260August 19, 2021 01:43PM

That's the one.....

roman1896August 19, 2021 02:10PM

Re: Reminds me of when the RAMS beat the boys....

21Dog85August 20, 2021 05:24AM

Ramsey responds to Hunter Renfrow: Joint practice hype as usual

Anonymous User133August 19, 2021 03:39PM

Re: Ramsey responds to Hunter Renfrow: Joint practice hype as usual

BerendsenRam90August 19, 2021 08:58PM