Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jalen Ramsey responds to claims of Raiders WR Hunter Renfrow winning practice matchup

August 19, 2021 09:25AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Jalen Ramsey responds to claims of Raiders WR Hunter Renfrow winning practice matchup

Cameron DaSilva
August 19, 2021 5:45 am PT

Jalen Ramsey shut down just about every receiver he matched up with last season, ranging from DK Metcalf and DeAndre Hopkins to Allen Robinson and Terry McLaurin. But on Wednesday during the Rams’ joint practice with the Raiders, reports out of Thousand Oaks suggested it was the 5-foot-10 slot receiver who got the best of the Rams’ All-Pro cornerback.

One play after Ramsey laid a big hit on Josh Jacobs, Renfrow caught a deep pass for about 30 yards, which seems to be when the battle really heated up.

According to Levi Damien of Raiders Wire, Ramsey “lined up in the slot a great deal” on Wednesday, which is where Renfrow plays, so they matched up a bunch.

After practice, Ramsey took to Twitter to shut down claims of Renfrow getting the best of him on the field.

Ramsey is never one to hold back, whether it’s talking trash on the field or calling out his doubters on Twitter. His confidence is part of what makes him such a tough competitor and a difficult matchup for every receiver he covers.

For Renfrow, he considers Ramsey one of the best cornerbacks and to be able to beat him gives the receiver even more confidence.

“(It felt) good I guess,” Renfrow told Damien after practice. “For me personally I don’t really know when people are talking. I’m just kind of locked in and doing my job. But yeah it was definitely spirited. He’s obviously a great player. There’s a reason why he’s one of the best players in the league.

“If I can beat Jalen Ramsey, I can beat anybody. Because he’s one of the best. And that’s how I approach it. He got me a few times today and so hopefully tomorrow we’ll make each other better again.”

Ramsey vs. Renfrow isn’t the marquee everyone thought would prevail from this joint practice, but at least we get Round 2 on Thursday.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam535August 19, 2021 09:25AM

Jalen Ramsey sets the record straight about his matchup with Hunter Renfrow

BerendsenRam242August 19, 2021 11:28AM

Reminds me of when the RAMS beat the boys....

roman18128August 19, 2021 01:28PM

Re: Reminds me of when the RAMS beat the boys....

MamaRAMa260August 19, 2021 01:43PM

That's the one.....

roman1896August 19, 2021 02:10PM

Re: Reminds me of when the RAMS beat the boys....

21Dog85August 20, 2021 05:24AM

Ramsey responds to Hunter Renfrow: Joint practice hype as usual

Anonymous User133August 19, 2021 03:39PM

Re: Ramsey responds to Hunter Renfrow: Joint practice hype as usual

BerendsenRam90August 19, 2021 08:58PM