Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 8 analysis ... Phins ...

November 03, 2020 01:12PM
So ... this was a game where we were the better team, but got outcoached. I am proud of our defense, I can definitely say that.

This is another game where Sun Tzu and I were yelling at the TV because the offensive playcalling.

The Great

1) Defense holding them to 7 real points and what ... 100 yards of offense?

2) Donald's strip sack welcome to the NFL was satisfying.

The Good

3) DBs held up without Ramsey.

4) Rapp's FF. He can get so low and keep his head up, just impressive.

5) The running game.

6) Can Jefferson's sideline catch.

7) We even had a chance late ... which makes everything that comes after this so freaking frustrating.

The Bad Some of these really could be in the ugly, but I wanted to try to differentiate a bit.

8) Why, when getting 5 yards a clip, are we not running until they stop us? Why the obsession with trying to pass against the blitz from the pocket?

9) How can they allow in the NFL that temperature disparity on the sidelines? Shouldn't there be an awning or something? 140 is literally dangerous.

10) Ummm ... it's the 3rd quarter and we're down by 18 ... I get that you don't want to hurry up completely, but can we snap the ball at 15 or 12 instead of 3? How is there not a medium speed?

11) Goff missing Kupp on the TD.

12) Everett's drop.

The Ugly

13) Lack of adjustment to the 0 blitzes. No slants. No designated hot routes. Guys running downfield and having deep drops when you don't have 3 seconds.

14) Whew I'm glad Henderson got out of Ogbah's way on the scoop and score ... he might have dinged his shoulder. All he has to do is be a speedbump and Goff is at least "throwing" when hit. 10 point swing at least.

15) What was that FG miss? Is his foot the right shape?

Note

16) Many times coaches defend themselves saying that fans can't see what's going on. It's kinda like politics. The only way, as fans, that we know that we're not wrong, is that we can predict the future. Those that predicted that trickle down economics would destroy the middle class? They don't have to argue when the middle class disappears (not tryna be political, just the best correlative). So when Sun and I start calling the plays AND the results of the plays? We're not wrong.

College

17) 3 OTs I just wanted to mention, welcome others' analysis as well. Landon Young on Kentucky, Alaric Jackson on Iowa ... Arcuri on Mich St. I loved Jackson his freshman year but he seemed to have motivation issues. The other guys I just like ... both 6-7 300-310.

18) Seems like there is a wealth of OCs this year we can set behind Blythe.

19) ILBs ... I'm looking for a Kenny Young replacement in the smaller/quicker mold ... Guy that's likely not coming out that has my eye is Barrett on Michigan. 6-0 227 and I thought he was a slot CB the way he was moving. But he's one of many we could score on ...

20) I think an edge falls to us in the second. There's not a ton of top tier talent there but I think they can beat out what we have now to take the "3rd guy" spot.

Thoughts and questions welcome as always. Feel free to add to the bad and ugly, I know there's more.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 8 analysis ... Phins ...

alyoshamucci696November 03, 2020 01:12PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 8 analysis ... Phins ...

rampage666211November 03, 2020 01:46PM

Rampage2K-181November 03, 2020 01:47PM

LMU93195November 03, 2020 01:50PM

zn261November 03, 2020 01:55PM

the slants WERE there...but Goff looked other way...too many times!!!!

SunTzu_vs_Camus296November 04, 2020 07:33AM

Re: the slants WERE there...but Goff looked other way...too many times!!!!

zn179November 04, 2020 09:37AM

man, I grew up loving MP...

SunTzu_vs_Camus152November 05, 2020 12:21AM

re. #15

21Dog186November 03, 2020 02:06PM

AlbaNY_Ram201November 03, 2020 02:31PM

Pun absolutely intended

alyoshamucci183November 03, 2020 03:45PM

BerendsenRam207November 03, 2020 10:38PM