Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 4 review Giants

October 07, 2020 04:16PM
So ... I said before the game that they should play vanilla and keep parts of the playbook hidden from other teams ... and they listened. Really, though, I think they did. We basically went "basic" and were the Karen of football teams, and the result was an ugly win. When we needed a score? The Kupp play (amazing design) was wheeled out and gave it a coffin nail.
The Giants were running our routes for us the whole game.. no separation ... that's not us.

So, when I do this report, understand that Im not going to bust on playcalling because I think it was intentional. Yes, I am crazy. I will not argue that.

All that said, I would rather have been doing my taxes. ugh.

The Great

1) Dareus Williams' INT ... cannot state enough how vitally important his two INTs have been. Clutch. We have him one more year?

2) Ramsey's planting of Golden Tate. Ever since the Hail Mary where Tate stole the ball (lack of integrity) I enjoy watching him get blown up.

The Good

3) Okoronkwo pressures. He was still inconsistent but he is getting closer.

4) Offensive line did well considering the D line talent and sheer size.

5) I thought Gaines had himself a solid day ... SJD should be in lower rotation.

6) Ebukam having himself a solid day after I knocked on him ...

7) JJ3 looked a step faster.

8) The design and execution of Everett's rush TD.

The Bad

9) The fact that this game was close. I got points from Kupp's 55 yarder or I'd be seriously bitter.

10) Kiser's injury and seeing Reeder on the field.

11) Aaron Donald losing his cool. C'mon man.

12) Getting gashed by Gallman a couple times.

13) I am stunned at the dropoff in play without Fuller in. I know Rapp had his pride knocked but he seems out of position OFTEN.

14) Not enough Burgess.

15) Didn't seem like we had a good enough plan to handle Engram.

16) Everett's fumble ... gah.

Questions

16) Can Hollins play inside for Kiser?

17) Would you give Cam any touches this week?

18) Is Van Jefferson actually going to get an uptick in snaps or was Mcvay just shooting smoke?

College

19) Got my first "wow who is this guy?" moment with Zaven Collins on Tulsa ... 6-4 260 lb. Jr. edge stand up LB on Tulsa. Dunno if anyone else has noticed the quality of play in the AAC the last few years but they are honestly even with the Pac 12 in my opinion. We're talking half the teams going toe to toe with the power 5. Tulsa's defense IMO has 6 NFL players on it. So that was fun.

20) The two lower tier teams that have upset OK in the last few years have upset them on back to back weeks. Matt Campbell at Iowa State is a great coach, and Kansas State has the coach from NDSU (I know someone knows his name) and they are playing really good football.

21) The transfers, Felipe Franks and KJ Costello are going to make the SEC much more of a toss up for the second tier teams. Alabama seems to have playmakers on offense and defense that are going to make them tough to beat, except by UF. For me that's the SEC title game. We could be coming out of this year with Costello and Trask being 1st round QBs. UGA ? Haven't seen them yet so I'm not in the know.

22) Glad PAC 12 and Big 10 are paying, and the way the games are set up Ill get good looks at hopefully every team.

23) Trend ... Tight Ends are getting bigger and faster. Notably going to be a larger part of every offense going forward in my opinion. Game changers are coming up and through, and they aren't valued high enough yet ... Brycen Hopkins was a steal in the 4th. And stuff like that is going to keep happening. Instead of 6-4 250 we're looking at 6-6 260 with speed.

Thoughts and questions welcome ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 4 review Giants

alyoshamucci629October 07, 2020 04:16PM

plus one!

ferragamo79412October 07, 2020 04:23PM

Re: Blinkscout Game 4 review Giants

Rams43285October 07, 2020 06:10PM

leafnose234October 07, 2020 06:16PM

Killrazor220October 07, 2020 10:58PM

Need to see UGA ...

alyoshamucci296October 08, 2020 10:18AM

It sure seemed like he was playing possum.......

Rampage2K-230October 08, 2020 12:23PM

Re: It sure seemed like he was playing possum.......

alyoshamucci186October 08, 2020 12:52PM

Re: hope so....

leafnose142October 10, 2020 06:41AM

AlbaNY_Ram266October 08, 2020 12:55PM

Speaking of Morgan Fox...

Rams43202October 09, 2020 06:23AM

Re: Speaking of Morgan Fox...

AlbaNY_Ram243October 09, 2020 06:52AM

Rams43220October 09, 2020 07:02AM