Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkscout Game 4 review Giants

October 07, 2020 06:16PM
16) Everett's fumble ... gah.

18) Is Van Jefferson actually going to get an uptick in snaps or was Mcvay just shooting smoke?

College

22) Glad PAC 12 and Big 10 are paying, and the way the games are set up Ill get good looks at hopefully every team.

Thoughts and questions welcome ...[/quote]

You know D. Williams coming up with one extraordinary pick in the Eagle match was worthy.
But this last one was next level exceptional. This really is why our club needs preseason matches. Kids that could be differences makers walking the streets cuz they just never got the reps.

My eyes have really been glued to the our Defensive front. Samson's pursuits were much better this week. And he played some clean up, as well. Which is a bit troubling, and brings me around to Reeder. Reeder looked prepared last year. Perhaps he was just super cold coming off the bench. Problem for me was I never saw him get his legs going, and he had no intuition. Hmmm. Yeah, I can see why your pondering about pulling Hollis inside, and that might be exactly what they do.

OTOH, I noted the improvement in Obo's choices. Still have his college taped etched in my head, and hoping he'll ignite. Felt, in many ways, his game was just as good as anything I saw from Leonard Floyd vs the Giants.

Credit Engram. He really came up with some highlight stuff. Twice, I want to say he snapped up the ball in tight, tight quarters. Good for him. When our guys are that snug up against a guy, and he finds a way to catch it. Tip o' the Hat

Goff had a role in keeping this close. Opportunities to go elsewhere with the ball at time, and didn't.
The only throw, in my memory, to Van Jefferson, was a long ball down the left side. Never had a shot. Wasn't Goff knocked around right there?
The thing on that play was that I saw at least 2 or 3 other guys available right there on the 3rd down and serious need to move the chains. Kupp was clearly open, and Goff never surveyed the field. Perhaps, we were just a bit flat. McVay said as much. Being a 3 pt shooter and not having your range down. Think I saw that a couple of times vs NY

TBH, the game hinged, imo, on Everett's fumble. Seems he might have had a lot less contact if he'd hit the gas right after he got the ball. Instead, he stays middle and initiates contact, and then tryies to spin move out of it. He's gotta know instaneously to protect the rock at the precise moment he's captured.

Which rolls back to Kupp (who was really having a quiet day up to that great open field move) and Williams with the ultimately layout interception.
Those two end up making the impact plays of the afternoon. One is expected to do that. The other? Well, now we know, huh?

College Football
Can't wait to see some of these Pac 12 kids suit.
Hard to know when there's quality competition in these matchups right now. That's true in normal years, too
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 4 review Giants

alyoshamucci629October 07, 2020 04:16PM

plus one!

ferragamo79412October 07, 2020 04:23PM

Rams43285October 07, 2020 06:10PM

leafnose233October 07, 2020 06:16PM

Killrazor220October 07, 2020 10:58PM

Need to see UGA ...

alyoshamucci296October 08, 2020 10:18AM

It sure seemed like he was playing possum.......

Rampage2K-230October 08, 2020 12:23PM

Re: It sure seemed like he was playing possum.......

alyoshamucci186October 08, 2020 12:52PM

Re: hope so....

leafnose142October 10, 2020 06:41AM

AlbaNY_Ram266October 08, 2020 12:55PM

Speaking of Morgan Fox...

Rams43202October 09, 2020 06:23AM

Re: Speaking of Morgan Fox...

AlbaNY_Ram243October 09, 2020 06:52AM

Rams43220October 09, 2020 07:02AM