Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Idk.. don't disagree with much of that

May 02, 2020 06:59AM
I think generally you are probably correct

As I said there are plenty of offenses that flourish that don't have Cooks, Tyrek Hill, D Jackson to take the top off (those three come to mind there are a few others). So I realize it can be done... but Cooks routinely occupied two defenders even last year.

On the other hand since none of the Rams current WRs are burners it does mean that is a threat that no longer exists in the Rams offense and one that many of us used to appreciate but don't seem to remember how important it was to this offense previously.

It does seem to me that elite defenses might find it easier to contain those kinds WRs. And that none of the Rams WRs with the possible exception of Woods will require special attention without that vertical threat.

Also I would be interested in knowing your opinion on Jefferson's production in college. Many compared him to Kupp in terms of route running and that's fine but when I went to look at their production... Kupp was a prolific WR at the college level. Jefferson certainly does not come close to Kupp's production.

I think some that are talking about what Jefferson is going to be don't really know a bunch about him at all. Would love to here your take on that.

We don't have a ton of production at the college level to project how he might do as a pro... just based on that it appears he will likely take a while to develop. I'm betting unless there is an injury and with Everett being used in many of the 4 WR sets we won't see Jefferson much at all

hammer
Which teams have a secondary that can cover three receivers who are great rout runners, have burst and get separation? If I’m a defensive coordinator I’m trying to figure out how my third CB isn’t going to not get beat over and over. I can use my #1 one on one of them and double another but who can cover the 3rd receiver one on one. Good route runners will eat up a zone, especially if play action is working because of an improved running threat. Any of the three and Reynolds can go deep depending on the match, double moves by route running technicians can really open up a deep game. Having a burner is nice, an accomplished one is a luxury, but not a necessity, I’ve seen too many burners as one trick ponies. This group of receivers will be excellent no matter the scheme needed to attack. Route running ability allows this team so much flexibility to attack in so many ways. Add in the tight ends with a couple who can get down field and a running back combination who can catch out of the backfield, pick up a blitz and are threats on every run and you have an offense who can stretch and stress a defense without frequently sending a burner deep. A defense can only take away so many threats. I’m excited about where this offense is going.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2020 07:10AM by Speed_Kills.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

More on Rams Van Jefferson’s speed...

Rams431072May 01, 2020 03:12PM

Re: More on Rams Van Jefferson’s speed...Couple that with route running

BumRap372May 01, 2020 04:34PM

Re: More on Rams Van Jefferson’s speed...Couple that with route running

Rams43379May 01, 2020 04:50PM

Re: whats up B?

Speed_Kills387May 01, 2020 06:12PM

Re: Bumrap.....is in the house!

oldschoolramfan242May 01, 2020 07:22PM

Re: who’s going to cover Rams #3 receiver

hammer271May 02, 2020 06:31AM

Speed_Kills217May 02, 2020 06:59AM

hammer196May 04, 2020 08:35AM

Kupp vs. Jefferson College Production

1st Rounder216May 04, 2020 03:49PM

merlin204May 04, 2020 04:31PM

Steve173May 06, 2020 06:02AM

Re: More on Rams Van Jefferson’s speed...

David Deacon285May 02, 2020 04:42AM

Rams43227May 02, 2020 06:31AM

OzRam253May 02, 2020 10:17AM

Classicalwit211May 02, 2020 11:16AM

Madden 20

Paco70250May 04, 2020 10:15AM