Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher was a big issue

May 03, 2019 03:40AM
McVay has changed the entire culture of the organization. Only a coach can do that for he is the leader of the players and responsible for the performance of the team. Fisher was in charge and I think there is a great contrast on how Fisher and Snead worked together and how McVay and Snead work together. Snead is the type of GM that wants to get the Coach the type of players he wants for his scheme on offense and defense so he worked pretty well with Fisher even though Fisher did not have a clue what he needed or wanted on offense. I never felt the coaching staff was engaged as they are under McVay where the coaches play a big role in defining needs and evaluating that talent the scouts put in front of them.

Snead is treating McVay as the customer in a quality model But it is McVay desire and vision to participate and have his team participate in this model that really makes it work. Snead is responsible for understanding his customer/McVay roster needs and delivering viable options to meet those needs. There is buy in and participation by the customer/McVay who is highly articulate and very specific in his needs and the types of players he requires. In 3 years they have applied the concept of continuous learning and the granularity around roster construction has become even more coordinated. There has never been a rams organization that ran so cohesively with coach and GM into total alignment with shared responsibility and accountability on display every step of the way. From a business process perspective it is really a thing of beauty to see how the collective intelligence and creativity can be maximized by working together in such a fashion. This must have been an areas where McVay had grown and learned and is his growth in this area is paying great dividends.

McVay as the coach is amazing and I think his strongest quality is leadership. Yes he is a great offensive mind but his leadership and communications skills are off the charts. He combines those skills with a great football mind and a in human attention to detail. He leads the entire team and coaching staff in such a way that they are creative and empowered and all walking on a common vision where continuous learning and improvement are taking play as they execute their plan with discipline, obedience to the culture, patience and endurance which is on display every day.

The results speak for themselves but we should all be aware that McVay is a once in a life time type of guy. He is like Steve Jobs and he will continue to grow and improve and he will innovate not just in the offensive and defensive schemes but as a leader and visionary for the team. He is the guy who changed the culture and Snead is the perfect guy to work with him. Snead is great in his own sense and instead of being threatened is thriving as he too knows that he can pour his talents and the talents of his organization which is top flight into a group of coaches that are totally bought into the players they bring to the roster and knowing they they have a development plan for each player to maximize the potential for success.

McVay is the front man and Snead makes this work and our organization is as good as any in football. Sometimes there is a single leader that makes things work but in this case Snead who may actually be the boss on paper does all he can to make the coach great in every way possible. McVay is a generational coaching talent and he thrives in this environment as he leads the team and leads the change in the culture of the Rams. To me it is a thing of beauty and it is why I trust them so much to deliver a very good and consistent product on the field.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Inside the draft room: Four trades, four picks on Day 2

RamBill587May 01, 2019 03:37PM

Re: Inside the Rams culture:McVay CHANGED everything

Steve230May 02, 2019 10:07PM

Enos Stanley Kroenke

den-the-coach186May 03, 2019 02:50AM

Fisher was a big issue

David Deacon318May 03, 2019 03:40AM

Fisher stabilized the bleeding...imo

SunTzu_vs_Camus165May 03, 2019 04:56AM

Re: Fisher stabilized the bleeding...imo