Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: It's funny because Goodell always talks about integrety as a major focus...

January 22, 2019 01:26PM
Ramkind
I think the part that is confusing me the most right now, is not really why the refs were swallowing the whistle when it came to facemasks, personal fouls and pass interference, but moreso about why the fans were allowed to blow their whistles in the stands!! Maybe I'm way behind on the rules, but I always thought that fans weren't allowed to blow whistles like that and it could end up as a penalty for the Home team. Has that changed? Was it never a rule to begin with? Something has to change on that. It's not good for the game and it's actually dangerous for the players. Nobody is talking about it though.

I thought there was a rule about no noisemakers being allowed in an NFL venue, but I'm not sure if that's an NFL rule or a venue rule. I found where noisemakers are prohibited in the Super Bowl but haven't found yet that they're not allowed in a regular NFL game. (still looking) Found the info below under SB Policies for a previous Super Bowl in Miami.

Screening Procedures for Spectators

Security screening at Sun Life Stadium will be significantly heightened for the Super Bowl. Many items usually permitted in NFL events will not be allowed into the Super Bowl. The National Football League and the Police Department strongly recommend that spectators minimize the number and size of all items carried into the Stadium.

All items carried by spectators will be carefully inspected and potentially not allowed into the Stadium. Spectators are urged to bring nothing larger than a very small purse or bag. The NFL, Sun Life Stadium and the Miami Dade Police Department will not hold prohibited or excluded items for spectators.

Prohibited Items In Stadium

The following list is a guide only. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.

- Weapons, Knives and Explosives
- Fireworks
- Camcorders
- Laser Lights and Pointers
- Strollers
- Beach Balls
- Frisbees
- Poles
- Sticks
- Umbrellas
- Containers of any type:
> Coolers (of any size)
> Backpacks
> Bottles
> Cans, Hairspray
> Camera and Binocular Cases/Tripods
> Mace / Pepper Spray
- Banners
- Noisemakers and Horns

Additional Information

Cameras and Binoculars - Small cameras and binoculars will be allowed. Camera cases and binocular cases are prohibited. No spectator cameras with lenses over six inches (6”) long will be permitted. Again, camcorders will be prohibited.

Electronic devices - Spectators are strongly urged not to bring electronic devices of any sort into the Stadium. Any electronic device will be thoroughly inspected causing delays of the individual spectator, as well as other patrons. Electronic devices include, but are not limited to, cellular telephones, pagers, televisions, radios, personal computers and personal digital assistants (PDAs).

Items purchased in Fan Plaza on Game Day will be allowed in the stadium.

Prohibited items and items determined to be not appropriate for entry into the Stadium will be the responsibility of the ticket holder and cannot be accepted or checked by the NFL, Sun Life Stadium or the Miami Dade Police Department. We urge spectators to secure these items in vehicles or hotel rooms.

The cooperation, patience and understanding of spectators is greatly appreciated by the National Football League, Sun Life Stadium and the Miami Dade Police Department. The cooperation of all spectators will greatly aid in the level of security provided to all in attendance at these events.

SECURITY SCREENING ON GAME DAY BEGINS AT 1:00 PM (AT THE FAN PLAZA ENTRANCE ONLY) AND 2:00 PM AT ALL OTHER ENTRANCES. PLEASE COME EARLY TO AVOID DELAYS AND SPEED THE ENTRANCE OF ALL SPECTATORS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2019 01:27PM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Funny how Reid and Chiefs players aren't blaming the refs

promomasterj506January 22, 2019 09:44AM

Re: Funny how Reid and Chiefs players aren't blaming the refs

Rams43366January 22, 2019 09:53AM

Re: Funny how the media only wants the focus on the Rams lucky break.

Rampage2K-202January 22, 2019 10:01AM

I really hate saying this because RAM football is very much.....

roman18251January 22, 2019 10:37AM

Re: I really hate saying this because RAM football is very much.....

MamaRAMa190January 22, 2019 11:18AM

It's funny because Goodell always talks about integrety as a major focus...

roman18145January 22, 2019 11:35AM

MamaRAMa137January 22, 2019 12:00PM

Ramkind131January 22, 2019 12:16PM

Same thing with pumping in noise....

roman18131January 22, 2019 12:31PM

MamaRAMa115January 22, 2019 01:26PM

NFL Policy on noisemakers

MamaRAMa153January 22, 2019 01:30PM

Re: NFL Policy on noisemakers

Ramkind144January 22, 2019 02:05PM

Not sure MaMa...IMO it's all about....

roman18132January 22, 2019 12:22PM

Andy Reid .... James Harden... Clayton Kershaw.....

Paydirt206January 22, 2019 01:36PM