Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Yes....which makes me wonder....

October 01, 2018 08:28AM
jemach
Chris Simms seems to think so. There was a brief discussion on NFL Radio. Simms also seems to think that upcoming drafts (that's plural), will be producing 3+ QBs a year. The green are QBs in the league 3 years or less with most showing real promise. The blue are likely HOF QBs. The red are solid QBs who have played at high level and/or made the playoffs multiple times.

There are a lot of good QBs in the league right now. Our draft analysts can comment on what's coming down the road. 10 QBs are in the league just 3 years or less.

Dallas - Prescott
New York Giants - Manning
Philadelphia - Wentz
Washington - Smith

Chicago - Trubisky
Detroit - Stafford
Green Bay - Rodgers
Minnesota - Cousins

Atlanta - Ryan
Carolina - Newton
New Orleans - Brees
Tampa Bay - Winston

Arizona - Rosen
Los Angeles Rams - Goff
San Francisco - Garrapolo
Seattle - Wilson

Buffalo - Allen
Miami - Tannehill
New England - Brady
New York Jets - Darnold

Baltimore - Flacco
Cincinnati - Dalton
Cleveland - Mayfield
Pittsburgh - Roethlisberger

Houston - Watson
Indianapolis - Luck
Jacksonville - Bortles
Tennessee - Mariota

Denver - Keenum
Kansas City - Mahommes
Los Angeles Chargers - Rivers
Oakland/Las Vegas - Carr

The other day I was just noting that the league seems to be full of good to great QBs with no seeming shortage of new ones coming into the league.

Which led to this thought: Is it really smart for a team to pay $30M+ for a QB anymore? The basic law of supply and demand should kick in at some point right?

Look at the model for winning that Seattle had when Wilson was in his inexpensive years. They won a SB and competed for several. It's the same thing Philly did last year. It's what the Rams are trying to do this year.

I'm starting to think that unless your name is Brady, Rodgers, and whoever else is part of the elite of the elite, it might be worth it to get the 5 cheap years out 'em and start over.

Looking at salaries here's a list of QBs I would rethink paying: Cousins ($28M), Garoppolo ($27.5M), Stafford ($27M), Carr ($25M).

The Raiders let Mack go so they could keep Carr. Is Carr capable of leading them to greatness?

Why not trade Carr for whatever you can get, suck for a year, and draft the next Mahomes/Mayfield/Goff/Wentz. There are like 6 QBs in the last couple of years that I'd rather have leading my team than Carr.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are we in the golden age of QBs?

jemach330October 01, 2018 03:17AM

It has as much to do with the rules as anything.

RockRam139October 01, 2018 03:58AM

Re: It has as much to do with the rules as anything.

kfriel93October 01, 2018 05:48AM

You betcha.

NewMexicoRam74October 01, 2018 09:30AM

Re: Yes nm

Speed_Kills67October 01, 2018 05:39AM

Re: Are we in the golden age of QBs?

kfriel109October 01, 2018 05:39AM

dzrams82October 01, 2018 08:28AM

Ken112October 01, 2018 10:03AM