Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Off to the lake but first, a preseason question...

July 18, 2017 08:35AM
JamesJM
What, in your opinion, is the best way to approach preseason games? What are YOUR priorities, strategy and time played to get it right.. personnel.

Is 'winning' utterly unimportant? In ANY games. (your allowed to consider a first half lead as a victory).

What do you speculate will be McVay's strategy?

I'll be reading your replies while floating in the lake.... a Perrier in hand, a very gaudy bathing suit on and the most outlandish hat I can find to wear. - JamesJM

An excellent topic, Jimmy. BTW, don't forget the sunscreen. Unless your outlandish hat is really, really big. Lol.

I would like to see McVay "test drive" some of his new concepts. Let's see how our players, both old and new, execute these new concepts. Don't need to open the whole playbook, but should execute some of the newer plays. Please, stop with the "only vanilla" BS, okay?

It's not as if our upcoming regular season opponents don't already have a danged good idea of what McVay intends to do, anyway. I've never understood that argument, tbh.

A PS game is a rare opportunity to observe players in pads against opposing NFL caliber players that are also trying to impress their coaches. The current CBA makes those opportunities almost nonexistent. Why not take advantage of that PS game opportunity to it's fullest?

Winning the PS game is irrelevant. But getting their players and their schemes in real game conditions is priceless.

We have so many players at so many positions that need (and deserve) a genuine opportunity to impress. WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, even S depth, for crying out loud. Let them run "real" plays, dammit!

That's my opinion, anyway.

Enjoy the lake, Jimmy.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Off to the lake but first, a preseason question...

JamesJM569July 18, 2017 07:38AM

Well, I'm kind of hoping that....

sstrams211July 18, 2017 08:06AM

Rams43225July 18, 2017 08:35AM

hope you left the Speedo..........

21Dog205July 18, 2017 09:03AM

Winning can matter, though not often

RFL197July 18, 2017 11:14AM

The point should be to have the 1st string offense and defense ready

RockRam217July 18, 2017 11:34AM

Old Goat216July 18, 2017 03:52PM

Arkansas Ram205July 19, 2017 04:58AM