Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welp, I see 2 big holes and 2 big question marks on this roster...

April 12, 2017 06:02AM
This is a predraft observation, of course. And we all know that FA is not completely over. Especially if there is a TruJo trade.

But here goes...

First, the 2 big holes. And I mean BIG holes.

WR. Absolutely, positively cannot have only Woods and Tavon as starting WR's. Gaping hole here, y'all. Gotta add at least one WR via draft, preferably by 4th round. Two new WR's might be better, if a nice one falls. Tavon is not a WR, so it's foolish to count on him, imo. Otherwise, 2 and 3 WR sets will get little respect from opposing D's. And we've all seen that movie several times, huh? Arrrrrgh!

TE. Same story as WR, only more so. With Kendricks' release, we are down to essentially Higbee and Hemmingway at TE. Two second year players that failed to distinguish themselves in last year's train wreck of an O. And that's being kind, tbh. Our HC loves 2 and 3 TE sets. So a TE via draft seems beyond obvious, don't you think? Otherwise, we're bringing a knife to a gunfight every Sunday. Can't overstate what a big hole at TE we currently have.

Now the big question marks.

QB. Goff has gotta step it up to at least league averages. He doesn't need to make the Pro Bowl. But he does need to look like an NFL QB, for cryin' out loud. I THINK he can and will. I have great confidence in this new coaching staff. But until Goff shows it on the field, I'm gonna be kinda holding my breath.

Robert Quinn. It's simple, really. If Quinn is healthy, he's an absolute beast. But if his back is still bothering him, he can't even make the active roster. That creates a hole for Wade to try to patch up. Not good. So, I'll be holding my breath regarding Quinn's health all season long.

The good news? That's kinda it for the unknown biggies, don't you think? All else are details by comparison.

More good news? It's a good draft for WR, TE, and CB, just to name a few. A good draft could go a long ways toward plugging these two big holes.

So yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic even as I hold my breath. Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Welp, I see 2 big holes and 2 big question marks on this roster...

Rams43832April 12, 2017 06:02AM

Re: Welp, I see 2 big holes and 2 big question marks on this roster...

AlbaNY_Ram316April 12, 2017 06:14AM

Re: McVay will get a WR.....

oldschoolramfan320April 12, 2017 06:29AM

Those holes probably don't fill via the draft

Atlantic Ram312April 12, 2017 07:12AM

dzrams351April 12, 2017 07:34AM

Rams43190April 12, 2017 10:04AM

CraigMatson239April 12, 2017 06:54AM

oldschoolramfan243April 12, 2017 07:16AM

Agree with one exception

RFIP276April 12, 2017 07:39AM

Re: Agree with one exception

oldschoolramfan241April 12, 2017 07:49AM

Yup

LesBaker195April 12, 2017 03:11PM

A number of us have been clamouring for WR...

jemach195April 13, 2017 04:25AM