Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finally done with vacation, lets dig into this, plus I have questions2

March 21, 2024 08:28AM
alyoshamucci
Mocks 1.0 and 2.0 had to be destroyed over the past few days.

This is the toughest mock season I've ever had. (Add in that I had to redo this because I finished before we signed Kam Kurl and redid Boom's contract but didn't post it) (edit in ... then AD retired and we signed JG so I had to redo it again)

Now, after free agency, I can get it down to 2 mocks ... based totally on whether a top 3 edge is there at 19. I'm guessing it's most likely Latu but it could be Verse. In that mock we stay put, in the other, we trade down. I do that because there aren't other big time positions with such a sharp dropoff.
What I want is two pass rushers for this year with Turner being able to create from the inside ... if we want that "for sure" we have to have one of the top 3 edges.

The second round picks will be the same in both drafts, because it's a glut of talent at one position that we value and there's no way I'm skimping on it. I will try to switch the rest of the picks around as much as possible to simply add player recognition.

CBs ... my focus will be on the "big" outside spot where I want players that can push and beat out Kendricks. Cobie Durant and Lake can fight for the slot. I'm also drafting a later CB because we need more depth.

I double on DT with the extra pick.

1) Latu or Verse falls to us and we take them. These are 260 lb players with twitch and agility that make immediate impact ... as well as fortify our defenses pass rush for the Super Bowl window.

More and more, I'm thinking this is who my target will end up being in the end. To pro ready with better speed, athleticism than I thought. He just screams Rams type of player to me.

2) Legette/Pearsall WR Deep threat with ridiculous toughness and tackle breaking, deep threat with crazy hands and route running. In a normal class these guys are pressing round 1.

These would be my 2 guys in round 2 as well. I really want a WR in 1 of the first 2 rounds. The talent pool is too good to pass up.

3-83) Elijah Jones BC / TJ Tampa ISt CB These are 2nd rounders that fall in a deep class. Both are tall and long at 6-2 with long arms ... Jones the smoother athlete and I think Tampa the better tackler.

Love TJ Tampa with this pick, my fear is he ends up going in round 2. I'd throw Max Melton in here as well, I think he could also be a round 2 guy, but who really knows. Jones is def a nice fit in a zone scheme and is the most likely to be available. I'd be happy with any of these guys.

3-100) Duane Carter Duke / Leonard Williams 3rd MIA / Maason Smith LSU DT Carter is my favorite here by a bit because I know his work ethic and consistency. The others have something in common, high recruits that went through a coaching change and an injury. I think Williams might have been the top recruit in the country at least on defense.

Love Carter as a ward working, smart, big motor IDL. I think he is undervalued, but thats good for a team looking for a really nice IDL rotational piece at the end of round 3.Leonard Taylor from Miami was a top 10 recruit out of HS, he just never developed. You are betting on developing him, because its all there if you can tap into it. Personally, I avoid the LSU guys, but Smith in the 3rd is a solid grab. He's in the same boat as Taylor, top 20 recruit, untapped potential, but its all right there, I think his best fit is at 34 DE. My fav of the LSU guys

5) Dominic Puni OL Kansas/ Andrew Raym OL Oklahoma I trust Puni at any interior spot if a guy goes down. Raym only slightly less so.

Solid depth, developmental pieces from day 3. Solid picks for sure

5) Jaden Hicks WSU / Domonique Hampton UW S Bigger Safeties with athleticism for special teams to start out ... Hicks may be long gone by here but if he is Hampton is sure to be here.

I agree that Hicks is long gone. Hampton is long and fast with great size, needs to put it all together, STs demon in the NFL is his floor.

6) Steele Chambers OSU / Tyron Hopper MIZZ LB Special team starter types that can play ball if needed and arrive angry.

Both outstanding choices, great value

6) Kendall Milton UGA / Will Shipley CLEM / Cody Schrader MIZZ RB "Professional RBs" that can fill a gap for injury and make the RB room better.

Sign me up for any of these guys.

6) MJ Devonshire Pitt / Tarheeb Still MD If we're not going to throw money at the position, we need to throw bodies. In this case I simply love MD and Pitt DBs ...

Solid choices here as well. Do you think Josh Newton is still on the board?

7) Cam Little ARK / Mevis MIZZ ... K. Both made big kicks under pressure this year.

Yup, I'll have a kicker in round 7 as well. Kardy or Little. Either one, don't care/

Latu is taken.
Trade down up to 6 slots for a 3rd rounder and maybe like a 4th next year or something. I don't want to give myself a second I feel like that's cheating.

1) Trade down and take Johnny Newton (I think Murphy doesn't last a trade down) ... I like him better than I liked Calijah Cancy .... I think he's played more snaps and done more disrupting while playing in a tougher conference.

2) Same Legette and Pearsall. Deep threat with ridiculous toughness and tackle breaking, deep threat with crazy hands and route running. In a normal class these guys are pressing round 1.

3-83) Mo Kamara CSU, Jonah Ellis UTAH, Austin Booker KU, Harrell MCH .... just wanted to show HOW MANY edges could make the third for me. These guys would start by sharing time with Hoecht and all of them have the chance to develop. Kamara is first because of athleticism and love of football.

3-90?) Payton Wilson NC st. / Nathaniel Watson MSSt / Trevin Wallace UK LB I have t add a LB high because when the front line takes a loss like we just did, it's important to bolster the second level. Payton Wilson may or may not slide, but the other two fellas are solid enough if he doesn't.

3-100) Cam Hart ND / Abrams-Draine MIZZ I like both these guys outside. Foot speed and agility is good ... again this is a really thick class in the middle.

5) Dillon Johnson UW / Jace McClellan Bama RB I think both of these guys are starting caliber NFL players that could likely use a backup role to refresh their legs for a couple years. Both are 220 and competent in the passing game. McClellan is way underrated in this class.

5) Johnnie Dixon PSU / Caelan Carson WAKE / Renardo Green FSU CB If we're not going to throw money at the position, we need to throw bodies. These guys are solid backups "at the very least" ...

6) Evan Williams ORE / Jaylon Carlies MIZZ (He's a safety) / Chau Smith Wade WSU (I kinda think he's a safety) ... I like something different about all their games, but they have hands in common ... starter potential ... Carlies made some crazy catches during the year and Wade did at the Senior Bowl.

6) Nathan Thomas ULL / Laumea UTAH / Isaiah Adams ILL Interior beef. I think Thomas is a serious sleeper and could be taken wayyyy higher.

6) Mehki Wingo LSU / Keith Randolph ILL / Logan Lee IOWA / Marcus Harris AUB DT I like these kids well enough to give them a shot. Logan Lee is a Morgan Fox type ... Wingo and Harris are quick penetrators ... Randolph is a business man, nothing fancy.

7) Same Little and Mevis Both made big kicks under pressure this year.

Only issue I have is I think Payton Wilson is going to end up at the top of round 2. Gut feeling I guess. Feels like he's climbing. Love Newton in a trade down, love Kamara, Hart, Dixon and Williams. Solid alternative mock.

Questions and comments welcome ... whew glad that's done.

These mocks are tough, mine take forever to complete. I applaud the effort. Few questions:

1. Do you think T Sweat makes it to the Rams pick in round 2?
2. Do you think B. Fiske makes it to the Rams pick in round 2?
3. What round do you have Max Melton in?
4. I think I will have Kam Kinchens in round 3? Where do you have him?
5. Jalyx Hunt, 4th or 5th round? I don'r see him lasting any longer than that.
6. What are your thoughts on Luke McCaffrey? If the Rams go defense heavy first 2 days, I think he is a good day 3 fit. No?

Again, super work.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout 2024 Mock draft 3.0

alyoshamucci1304March 16, 2024 08:54AM

Re: Blinkscout 2024 Mock draft 3.0

Shecky174March 16, 2024 09:13AM

alyoshamucci193March 16, 2024 10:48AM

Thanks for posting Brother !

BerendsenRam116March 16, 2024 09:16AM

Ramboni148March 16, 2024 10:58AM

mtramfan67March 17, 2024 02:31PM

Just for the sake of debate...

3030158March 16, 2024 02:29PM

Re: Just for the sake of debate...

alyoshamucci159March 17, 2024 07:49AM

Rams4388March 17, 2024 08:30AM

azramfan101March 17, 2024 09:01AM

Latu, Fiske, Melton, Carter

alyoshamucci127March 17, 2024 09:25AM

McCaffrey is a name that I keep

OzRam80March 17, 2024 12:37PM

Re: McCaffrey is a name that I keep

alyoshamucci105March 17, 2024 12:45PM

den-the-coach67March 17, 2024 03:37PM

303081March 17, 2024 09:31AM

"Robinson is a 4th WR"

OhioRamsFan96March 17, 2024 02:36PM

Re: "Robinson is a 4th WR"

alyoshamucci103March 17, 2024 03:03PM

Re: "Robinson is a 4th WR"

OhioRamsFan63March 17, 2024 03:12PM

Tutu is too limited

RockRam28March 21, 2024 01:55PM

I really do think Rams take WR in 2nd

ferragamo79146March 16, 2024 02:55PM

73Ram132March 17, 2024 10:51AM

alyoshamucci146March 17, 2024 11:26AM

73Ram106March 17, 2024 11:44AM

alyoshamucci140March 17, 2024 12:00PM

oldschoolramfan85March 17, 2024 07:06PM

I am BullDawg fan so Ladd McConkey......

73Ram91March 18, 2024 02:26AM

Latu, Cooper, Legette would be a dream.

alyoshamucci94March 18, 2024 06:30AM

Re: Latu, Cooper, Legette would be a dream.

73Ram90March 18, 2024 07:52AM

Re: Latu, Cooper, Legette would be a dream.

alyoshamucci85March 18, 2024 09:18AM

Re: Blinkscout Mock

leafnose79March 18, 2024 11:12AM

Re: Don't worry leaf.....McVay knows to WIN the Rams OFFENSE needs to score.

oldschoolramfan49March 18, 2024 03:58PM

Finally done with vacation, lets dig into this, plus I have questions2

Deadpool124March 21, 2024 08:28AM

Thank you good sir ...

alyoshamucci94March 21, 2024 08:56AM

Thanks for the reply..

Deadpool82March 21, 2024 10:11AM