Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams must be prepared to take a QB in early rounds of NFL draft…

January 23, 2024 12:10PM
montanaram
I am sure all agree that the draft if not an exact science. I am a believer in the best player available approach. The Rams tend to draft a bit more for need and that can result in a forced pick (i think of Logan Bruss or Tutu Atwell as examples). I realize neither of these were 1st rounders but it was highly questionable that they were the BPA. The BPA approach doesn't guarantee success either but i think it maximizes the potential. Fit is important also (i.e. a 4-3 end might not fit in a 3-4 defense and vice versa). The draft is about collecting assets that either fit your team or can be used as an asset down the road (think Patriots and how they drafted QBs when they had Brady in tow - many were traded for premium picks - Garrapolo, Brissett). I would hope that the Rams stack their board using the BPA and if a player they have ranked high is available at their spot or in close proximity, go get him. The QB is what makes the wheel go round and is a premium position that comes at a premium price if you have to acquire one. Stafford is approaching the end and IMO we are not prepared in the slightest for this. I am not saying draft one just to do so but if "MCVay's guy" is there and he is BPA, go get him!!!!
Yeah, I would draft Best available player followed by priority. The Rams should be able to draft a high quality player at 19 regardless of position. To me, the Rams top 2 priorities are CB and Edge. Let's say TE Bowers falls to them at 19. I would take Bowers since his draft grade is so high. TE may not be as high of a need as CB or Edge, but the value is there. Of course, this is all hypothetical.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams must be prepared to take a QB in early rounds of NFL draft…

Rams43276January 23, 2024 07:15AM

I am torn on this too

RamsDynasty124January 23, 2024 07:26AM

Re: I am torn on this too

Rams4394January 23, 2024 07:37AM

yup

Speed_Kills80January 23, 2024 07:44AM

Re: I am torn on this too

alyoshamucci89January 23, 2024 12:22PM

AlbaNY_Ram99January 23, 2024 08:03AM

Aaron Rogers might still be playing for the Packers

promomasterj78January 23, 2024 09:05AM

Re: Aaron Rogers might still be playing for the Packers

AlbaNY_Ram74January 23, 2024 11:13AM

montanaram59January 23, 2024 11:22AM

Re: BPA or need?

mtramfan63January 23, 2024 11:47AM

six2stack55January 23, 2024 12:10PM

I don't think McVay is patient enough to develop rookie QB...

SunTzu_vs_Camus75January 24, 2024 09:31AM

Re: I don't think McVay is patient enough to develop rookie QB... Attachments

MamaRAMa67January 24, 2024 10:01AM