Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We have two high end assistants on defense

December 05, 2023 10:27AM
Henderson & Pleasant.

Henderson gets the most from his DL group every game. His weakness is that if you promote him to DC you'll need a pass game coordinator who is up to snuff. I seriously doubt he can handle the nuance of gameplanning the back end in today's league. Secondary coaches have an edge here but on the flipside Henderson with talent up front will give you a good defense, because when you dominate the LOS you're gonna be good.

Pleasant has gotten great production out of a collection of young players this season coordinating our pass defense. He's ready to be a DC for today's league where the pass game is what prevents points.

I'm not sure who McVay would prioritize between the two of them. I keep going back and forth on it. Because Henderson is that good. But I don't disagree with the sentiment that McVay would want Staley back. If you go back and listen to McVay talking about Staley it's clear he's a guy that Coach holds in the highest regard and I doubt that's changed with Staley failing under Spanos.

Problem with Staley is time and alignment of options. Let's say the season ends today. How long will it take for Morris to get hired, if he does. Meanwhile teams will be calling for both Pleasant and Henderson for DC gigs, of that I am certain. So what do you do if you're McVay. Ask Staley to hold on potential jobs just in case Morris leaves? It's tough.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA Rams DL Coach Eric Henderson has outdone himself in 2023

BerendsenRam217December 05, 2023 08:28AM

Henderson is going to be a DC next year.

den-the-coach89December 05, 2023 10:03AM

Re: Henderson is going to be a DC next year.

AlbaNY_Ram80December 05, 2023 10:05AM

If Morris leaves, it will be Staley

BigGame81106December 05, 2023 10:08AM

We have two high end assistants on defense

merlin105December 05, 2023 10:27AM

Re: We have two high end assistants on defense

Old Goat100December 05, 2023 01:55PM

Re: Henderson is going to be a DC next year.

BerendsenRam59December 05, 2023 01:17PM