Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Rams are sticking with their stated plan. Bet'ya QB 2 starts this week.

November 01, 2023 07:29AM
Rams43
RockRam
The Rams aren't TRYING to lose games in 2023. BUT....winning games is not the priority. Developing their young players, seeing who will be players they can count on for the future, assessing their strengths and weaknesses, and clearing off odious contracts and created large cap space for next year is their plan. They aren't about to sign some guy for substantial dollars unless it fits their plan.

And they sure aren't about to overpay, or give up picks, for some JAG QB to fill a hole for a few games.

The plan is a good one. The issue now becomes having another good draft and picking up some stud FAs to bring this team back to playoff contention.
But to do what the Rams did under Fisher, and other teams do, by throwing band aids on band aids always ends up in frustration and mediocrity.

I don't think QB is #1 on the Rams hit list if they have some type of assurance that Stafford will be around at least a couple more seasons. Of course, draft position and how the draft flows could change that. But no way do they give up tons of picks to move up in the draft for a QB prospect. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the "can't miss" QBs that come out only to bomb in the NFL. It's one thing to spend your 1st rounder on one. It's another to spend 3 first rounders on one (Trey Lance anyone?).

I admire the Rams for not panicking. You can bet the Rams have Kroenke's blessing for this plan, and they are not going to deviate from it and become the Raiders or the Browns.

As for this week, I start QB2 and have Stafford dressed should QB2 get injured. I don't care how bad QB2 plays; if he stays healthy, he stays in the game.

I pretty much agree with all of this, except for the draft next year. I personally believe that they are very likely to invest their first round pick next year in a quarterback that may fall to them.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think he is saying they are ruling out a QB if one falls, but not to trade 3 picks to go up and get one of the so-called can't miss prospects. Personally, I think they are likely to draft at QB in round 1 simply because, on paper, this is looking like 1983 QB draft and they are used to plugging holes with their other picks.

Of course, I'll be the first to admit, I could be wrong :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch: Rams Sign Dresser Winn, 49ers Acquire Chase Young (Are the Rams Trying at all)

BerendsenRam311October 31, 2023 06:01PM

Something we all pretty much knew before the season started

BerendsenRam127October 31, 2023 06:09PM

This coming off season might be the most interesting I have ever seen as a Rams fan.

Ramgator100November 01, 2023 03:14AM

he sort of reiterates some obvious points

LMU93142November 01, 2023 03:28AM

Re: Watch: Rams Sign Dresser Winn, 49ers Acquire Chase Young (Are the Rams Trying at all)

LaDoc95November 01, 2023 06:20AM

Re: Watch: Rams Sign Dresser Winn, 49ers Acquire Chase Young (Are the Rams Trying at all)

303089November 01, 2023 07:29AM

The Rams are sticking with their stated plan. Bet'ya QB 2 starts this week.

RockRam85November 01, 2023 06:34AM

Rams4374November 01, 2023 07:13AM

stlramz93November 01, 2023 07:29AM

BerendsenRam58November 02, 2023 07:46AM

Re: Then why did they extend Higbee. He's become a blocker only

BumRap48November 01, 2023 06:17PM

Is Chase Young the missing piece for the 49'ers?

promomasterj79November 01, 2023 09:23AM

they are loaded offense - needed seondary help

ferragamo7954November 02, 2023 10:24AM