Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Though he makes me scream and pisses me off, I still think McVay is a good Coach!

October 25, 2023 10:09PM
I think DC's have been screwing with McVay's head, LOL
Sometimes the best solution's design elegance is best illustrated by tis sheer simplicity.
The Rams offense would benefit from a greater commitment to the running game, more play-action, more balance on offense, less predictability, less stress on Stafford to pull out miracles on obvious passing down & distance situations, less slow developing 3 WR sets/plays, more two TE sets (could be an H-back role somewhat like Skowronek was filling), continued development of a powerful OL (OC & LOT are the clear weaker spots for now) and more creative tactical deception. It truly seems like many DCs are reading McVay's psychology and game plan too easily. He's fortunate to have enjoyed consistently well above average talent on offense or this would be even more exposed.

I'm okay w/ McVay as the HC but it's getting to the point that he may have to replace himself as the OC/primary play-caller but of course he is nowhere close to making that decision and I;m not sure his ego would allow for it. He's been getting input and feedback from the best of the best most of his life. Is he not processing, digesting and implementing that clearly w/ in play-calling and in-game management? This offense with an arguably close to elite sometimes and other times simply well above average Stafford, an outstanding 3 WR grouping of Kupp, Nacua and Tutu, solid TE in Higbee, decent RB room and quickly emerging well above average OL should be scoring more than 19 pts. a game since Kupp & Nacua were paired.

Tough deal on McVay. I like the guy and even for the most part the head coach but dislike the in-game battlefield general and play-caller.

Ramgator
I just wish he'd step OUTSIDE his comfort zone. He does NOT need to make Players learn a Mike Martz 2,434 page playbook. Just throw in about two dozen wrinkles.

I have said for YEARS that about 4-5 times a year, I'd have the RB throw a pass. Even if it's just for 10 yards. Walter Payton did it all the time. That lead to many plays where you'd see him roll to the right and act if he was about to throw and THEN take off.

I want McVay to TOTALLY screw with the heads of Defenses. And I KNOW he can!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why is the H-back TE concept not a more popular position/alignment?

GRAM Torino110October 24, 2023 09:34PM

I'm thinking those pass catching TEs........

21Dog45October 25, 2023 05:51AM

Re: I'm thinking those pass catching TEs........

GRAM Torino46October 25, 2023 09:30AM

I'd LOOOOOVE to see the Rams have another Mike Guman or Alstott type RB

Ramgator54October 25, 2023 10:15AM

Re: I'd LOOOOOVE to see the Rams have another Mike Guman or Alstott type RB

GRAM Torino34October 25, 2023 10:33AM

Though he makes me scream and pisses me off, I still think McVay is a good Coach!

Ramgator34October 25, 2023 12:00PM

Re: Though he makes me scream and pisses me off, I still think McVay is a good Coach!

GRAM Torino64October 25, 2023 10:09PM

I agree with this 100%!

Ramgator33October 26, 2023 11:22AM

11 vs 12 personnel

LMU9338October 26, 2023 05:57AM

Re: 11 vs 12 personnel

GRAM Torino40October 26, 2023 11:01AM