Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'd LOOOOOVE to see the Rams have another Mike Guman or Alstott type RB

October 25, 2023 10:33AM
McVay is SORELY lacking in the creative, less predictable, deceptive and innovative play-calling lately.
Only 19 pts. a game over the past 3 games with BOTH Kupp & Nacua on the field plus a healthy and quite solid O-line. No excuses for that other than he is doing a poor job as the OC and play-caller.

It's easy to have a great offense when you have all-star talent at several positions but McVay all to often finds way to turn that into mediocre or only slight above average performance. It seems like the NFL caught up to him and he has been unable to adjust despite having plenty of advantages, talent and resources at his disposal. I think Martz was a better OC/play-caller but McVay a better HC.

Vermeil may have been a better HC than both of them. That's debatable versus McVay. I can only imagine what would have happened to the GSOT Rams dynasty if Vermeil had stayed on at least 2-3 more years. A darn shame that Vermeil admitted. He left too early and Mart was not ready to be a HC quite yet.

Ramgator
I REAAAAAALLY wish McVay would get creative with sets / formations. Imagine a set that has two TEs WITH 2 RBs, that we just might pass from??

Everyone has been raising hell about the Kicker but it was our very first play of the 3rd qtr that irked me...AAAANOTHER no back set. Steelers just dropped back and..... IMO...THAT took control by the RAMS away.

I REALLY want to see the Rams RUN with 4 Receivers, from a spread formation........ and pass from a "Obvious run" formation.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why is the H-back TE concept not a more popular position/alignment?

GRAM Torino112October 24, 2023 09:34PM

I'm thinking those pass catching TEs........

21Dog45October 25, 2023 05:51AM

Re: I'm thinking those pass catching TEs........

GRAM Torino46October 25, 2023 09:30AM

I'd LOOOOOVE to see the Rams have another Mike Guman or Alstott type RB

Ramgator54October 25, 2023 10:15AM

Re: I'd LOOOOOVE to see the Rams have another Mike Guman or Alstott type RB

GRAM Torino34October 25, 2023 10:33AM

Though he makes me scream and pisses me off, I still think McVay is a good Coach!

Ramgator34October 25, 2023 12:00PM

Re: Though he makes me scream and pisses me off, I still think McVay is a good Coach!

GRAM Torino65October 25, 2023 10:09PM

I agree with this 100%!

Ramgator34October 26, 2023 11:22AM

11 vs 12 personnel

LMU9338October 26, 2023 05:57AM

Re: 11 vs 12 personnel

GRAM Torino40October 26, 2023 11:01AM