Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: As for me...

October 18, 2023 06:23PM
Miuch as I like Tomlinson his numbers kind of sober me up.

Which was it, last game or game before last? Kendricks gets 15 play per penalty, Tominson is in fo four and draws a penalty. Something like that - NFL game tracker doesn't leave game stats upmas long as they used to, and their in-game coverage has regressed to the point of being almost useless.

But anyway - even for small sample that doesn't make a good prognosis for Tomlinson. He's got to learn to control himself. If he had, by now, I think he'd have been starting from that point forward in place of on-again off-again Kendricks. (His recent arrenst shines too much light on his performance. The after-grass (NO! It's not a hangover! It isn't! It isn't! ) next day after a heavy date with Mary Jane is real - can cause a person to lam off. What to do abaout Kendricks is another thread and a coaching decision.

Our safety play is better, much better than last year. Witherspoon shines in our system, right where he's at.

Durant was much better as a corner than where he is now. He's not a Ramsey replacement. Seeing the difficulty of the position and how well Ramsey performed in it sheds some light on Durant's play there. I don't know the answers to defensive backfield questions. For me they center upon the star position being too demanding, too specialized. I'd like to see our two best corners, Durant and Witherspoon, playing cornerback.

Playing people out of position to accomodate a scheme seems a bit bass-akward to me. Whether that be Hoecht or Durant, they'd be better off playing where they belong - if the scheme with available players could adjust to that.

As to Hoecht, I'd like to see Mathis in his place and move him back to the interior line where he belongs. He, Turner, and AD would be interesting to watch.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams needs are fewer than first thought, but there are still 2 troublesome ones…

Rams43275October 18, 2023 08:49AM

As for me...

JamesJM140October 18, 2023 09:09AM

mtramfan80October 18, 2023 06:23PM

Me too

BC Ramsfan53October 18, 2023 09:09PM

Old Goat35October 19, 2023 04:18AM

Re: Rams needs are fewer than first thought, but there are still 2 troublesome ones…

joram51October 19, 2023 01:33AM