Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glad you enjoiyed it LSURAM

July 14, 2023 04:20AM
LSURAM
Thanks for posting. You are right the article is long but that video is worth watching. I had no clue an original hand painted Rams helmet still existed. Funny growing up as a kid in New Orleans I fell in love with the Rams’ color scheme, uniforms, and the coolest helmet that ever existed in the NFL. I remember doodling in grammar school trying to draw “perfect” horns on a helmet. I’m sure those great uniforms generated young Rams fans for all over.

Good stuff

What is funny is that if you replace New Orleans with Pennsylvania where I grew up, your post could have been written by myself. lol

I got "hooked" the exact same way as you my friend and I am sure we are not alone. If you go to any Rams board and ask them why they became a Rams fan THE #1 answer by far would be..."It was those HORNS"!!!

Those ICONIC helmet horns "hooked" many many fans for many many DECADES. For "most" it was literally love at first sight.

There was no reason for Demoff to think they still couldn't "hook" the younger crowd once back in LA. None.

The "Ferragamo's" were still the most popular Rams uni amongst ALL Rams fans and Non Ram fans too.

Think about that for a second....fans from OTHER teams also liked and voted our uni's as one of the best of all time!!! If "non" Rams fans like them, why would Demoff think for one second that the fans in his OWN City would like them as well???

Ego? Stupidity?

I have no idea. But it is just so hard for me to actually believe Demoff "was" a "self proclaimed" Rams fan growing up.

IMO, a TRUE 100% Rams fan for that long would know the importance and significance of the helmet design.

If he didn't really know the significance of the horns then he was either not fully a 100% Rams fan or he was just stupid.

IMO, It's a shame what Demoff has done to the ICONIC helmet horn and the significance it had with Rams fans and the entire NFL History as well. It will forever be a mark on his record.

Demoff made/changed history by doing this. I hope he is proud of himself. He will forever be known as that guy who claimed to be a Rams fan and then sh#t on their tradition by neutering the horn. rolled eyes smiley

Thank you Mr. Demoff

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2023 04:31AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Which throwback uniform should the Rams bring back?

BerendsenRam202July 13, 2023 11:43AM

Stupid article

Ramsdude87July 13, 2023 01:23PM

Re: Stupid article

WhiteHorns82July 13, 2023 01:41PM

Absolutely WhiteHorns!

Ramsdude59July 13, 2023 02:44PM

Re: Stupid article

303070July 13, 2023 02:48PM

That's a good question 3030

Ramsdude47July 13, 2023 04:08PM

Re: That's a good question 3030