Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Could be some of all that

April 20, 2023 01:40PM
stlramz
JimYoungblood53
JamesJM
Last season was such an abomination in nearly every way that I'm not sure player assessments, accurate ones, can be made.

That said... it certainly appeared to me Ramsey had fallen off. Trying to do too much due to the team's collapse? Possible, I suppose... but I doubt it. In Ramsey's case I think a little of the fall off was visible even in 2021... our SB run. NOT that he played badly overall in 2021... not at all. Brief lapses... but I think maybe telling.

In the end...

I'm not upset with the trade in that it was probably time... better now than 'too late'. I AM worried about filling his shoes. And as for his attitude...

I don't know... I can see how he could have been locker room poison but I do NOT know that was the case. I think McVay, and Co., do a good job of controlling that type of thing.

Only thing that stands out to be, as far as decline, is he cannot play man nearly as well as he used to. And yes, the falloff did start in 2021.
In some ways he had godo aspects improve in 2022, as PFF does point out. But when your CB gives up 6 or 7 TDs, most in man, it's an issue.
And late in POs.

Of course he's better than those let and better than most in the NFL...it's just that they saw the decline and the salary was high and things not
headed in a right direction - put the money in guys getting better, Jones, etc...

I think we will know more in Miami, how he does. He's with Fangio and we will see if still has "it".

The big TD to Evans v. Tampa, the hero ball near miss on the final drive in SB 56, the dropped INT v. 49ers which hit him on the chest (overshadowed by the tart drop), falling down on last play Bengal offensive play (4th and 3) leaving Chase open but Donald ends chance.

I don't think he played badly but decline was evident, no doubt. He also @#$%& talked the offense after TB game last year - said they needed some Dawgz on offense to get the 10 yards to end the game (Kupp didn't drive for extra yardage on last drive). I agreed with him but he needed not to say that publicly. It was a bad look.

I loved what JR brought to the Rams but this was a move the Rams played very well given the circs in my opinion.

I love Ramsey and losing him this offseason was the move that hurt the most. Who didn't fall off last year? Today's NFL is designed to assist the offense there are no more Revis islands, J Ramsey from 3 years ago might be the last shut down corner we see in the league period. That being said Ramsey was an awesome addition to a rising Rams team and a pillar on the contending one but he is not the type of player you want in your locker room during a rebuilding season. He was the leader of the team last year, showed more ownership and leadership than any other player last year. While I didn't want to lose him I would hate for his presence become an issue like his last years with the Jags did. My last memory of Jalen in horns is going all out in a game that meant nothing to him personally just because he knew it (the Hags game) meant a LOT to his teammate (BWagz). That said a LOT to me in a season that AD who I love couldn't be bothered to be on the sideline once after his season was over. I maintain the cutting of Robert Woods to bring in ARob was not only a colossal mistake but it heralded the end of the "We not me" version of the Rams, what remained I don't like as much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2023 01:41PM by RamsDynasty.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article; Jalen Ramsey sheds light on Rams split in deleted tweet: 'Never asked for a new deal'

BerendsenRam381April 20, 2023 09:17AM

McSnead. Ramsey on decline . . . get rid if him while you can

JimYoungblood53122April 20, 2023 12:40PM

It's the Patriots way

NewMexicoRam157April 20, 2023 12:49PM

Re: It's the Patriots way

BerendsenRam104April 20, 2023 12:57PM

Could be exactly that.

JimYoungblood5393April 20, 2023 01:24PM

I don't know....

JamesJM101April 20, 2023 01:03PM

Could be some of all that

JimYoungblood53106April 20, 2023 01:17PM

stlramz74April 20, 2023 01:24PM

RamsDynasty65April 20, 2023 01:40PM

stlramz59April 20, 2023 02:35PM

Old Goat61April 23, 2023 09:03AM

Fred Dryer

JimYoungblood5385April 20, 2023 01:44PM

Hell, I'm like that as an older adult...

JamesJM124April 20, 2023 02:40PM

London Fletcher, Chris Long . .. others

JimYoungblood5368April 20, 2023 02:47PM

his rings were not related to him

ferragamo7972April 20, 2023 03:15PM

He contributed . . . no longer a starter

JimYoungblood5376April 20, 2023 03:19PM

good stuff 53

ferragamo7964April 20, 2023 03:42PM

Re: his rings were not related to him

BerendsenRam59April 23, 2023 08:29AM