Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I think they took that into consideration RR

February 20, 2023 10:54AM
Ram_Ruler
. So if scheme is the issue then why was Donald so elite in 2021?

I still think AD was "elite" in 2022 RR. I am just saying that maybe we could've been more creative with the scheme this year once we realized the offense was going to be an issue.

The article was about AD's not being as dominate in 2022, not that he wasn't "elite".

I will say that once Miller got healthy he sure helped but Miller is gone and WAGS is NOT a pass rusher. So right off the bat we lose a major addition to AD when it comes to getting pressure.

Everybody including McVay and Morris knew that WAGS is not known for his pass rushing abilities yet we still ran the same scheme as we did with Miller?

What were they expecting to happen? WAGS would suddenly become a good pass rusher? I don't think so.

So what was the "plan" by Morris to make up for that loss of Miller?
How did Morris adjust his "scheme" to compensate for the loss of Miller?

The D was good enough to win with last year but that's not the point of the article or my response either. My point is that playing that Prevent Shell 95% of the game showed me a lack of creativity on how to get more pressure on the QB.

Yes, the D was good. Not as good as last year with Miller but still good.

Let me ask you this RR. Do you think maybe we could have been more creative when it comes to "scheming" up pressure this year? The offense was sucking and we lost Miller to FA. I didn't see much adjustments to make up for either one of those things. We just kept running the same old Prevent D 95% of the time.

Yes, the D was good but IMO a little more creativity could have made it even better. Who knows, maybe just good enough to be "in the hunt" a little longer. The Tampa game comes to mind right away. Win that one and who knows?

I know we see things differently RR. It's all good. Thanks for not taking it personally or calling me a "hater"! I get really upset when people call me a "hater"! lol3

Anyway, I hope I answered your question lol. Always a pleasure talking with you RR. You're a good poster here. Always respectful. I appreciate that! beer cheer smiley

***Just saw your other response ""It's a thing of beauty when all 4 linemen are working in unison to get the the QB" and I agree 100% with that and can come back with that Spags might be a "little" better at scheming up "pressure" than Morris is. Ok, maybe a LOT better! lol***

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2023 10:56AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Donald had an 8-year streak snapped by Chris Jones this season

BerendsenRam325February 20, 2023 07:42AM

Re: Aaron Donald had an 8-year streak snapped by Chris Jones this season

Ramsdude126February 20, 2023 08:09AM

BerendsenRam208February 20, 2023 08:22AM

Ram_Ruler82February 20, 2023 09:15AM

I think they took that into consideration RR

Ramsdude72February 20, 2023 10:10AM

Re: I think they took that into consideration RR