Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Much relief today..

July 08, 2022 06:47AM
Saw a story on facebook 3 days ago..

A guy from Dallas was here in town last Saturday - he had his little Chihuahua with him in the car.. He pulled over at an Exxon station on the highway with some sort of car trouble.. for some reason a policeman arrests him, on the spot, and impounds the car.. The guy begs and pleads with the policeman to protect and take care of his dog, who is still in the car.. While impounding the car, the little dog jumps out of the car and runs away.. Nobody chases her - they just let her run away..

The guy gets out of jail and desperately tries to find his dog.. the shelters were closed due to July 4th until Tuesday.. Tuesday morning he drives back to Wichita Falls, goes to the Exxon station, and goes to all three shelters in town.. no sign of the dog.. He posts to a local Animal Lost and Found group on facebook, PLEADING with everyone to help him find his dog.. He is met with a LOT of resistance and rudeness - people not feeling overly sorry for him because he had been arrested.. Many said this was a scam and that his posts should be deleted.. He continues to post, pleading for help.. he posts multiple videos of the dog, who is VERY happy and healthy in every video.. I decide I don't care why he was arrested - he loves his dog, so I'm going to help him try to find his dog..

I start sharing posts with photos of the dog and his (and his friend in Dallas) contact info.. Both are DEVASTATED after losing their dog - exactly like I would be.. In watching the videos the videos, they obviously loved their dog and their dog loved them.. Videos running on the beach, dressed up in little outfits, having a small birthday cake on the dog's birthday.. People started getting onboard and sharing their photos and videos.. The owners left the address of the Exxon station, but not the exact location of where it was in town.. when I looked up the address, it was on the other side of town from what I originally thought - and I figured other people would probably make the same mistake..

I drive by the Exxon station, yesterday, and realize it was on the opposite side of the highway, right next to a large residential area.. I drive up and down the first street behind the Exxon station, but find nothing..

So, I go home and go through every single shared post I can find and add which streets intersect at that Exxon station, so that people know exactly which residential area is nearby.. the owner evens gives an interview to one of the local TV stations BEGGING for help, last night.. I felt SO sorry for those guys.. they were devastated at losing their dog, but it had been 5 days and in 108 degree weather, right next to a VERY busy highway 287 and intersection, on the outskirts of town, so coyotes and other predators become an issue, I thought there was NO way this little dog survived unless somebody took him in.. While driving through the area, I also look for signs in case the dog was run over.. if he had been run over, the owners needed that closure..

This morning I check facebook and somebody, on the street I drove up and down yesterday, right behind the Exxon station, had found Nina, the little Chihuahua, and taken her in.. Somebody else had hung flyers in the area yesterday afternoon, after I pinpointed the intersection.. The people who found Nina saw the flyers, got on facebook and saw one of the shared posts with contact info, and called the owners in Dallas, who, at around 8pm immediately got in their car and drove 130 miles to Wichita Falls to get their dog..

In my opinion, finding Nina after 5 days was a miracle.. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that they found their little dog.. Regardless of whatever he was arrested for (which couldn't have been much because he was released), this guy REALLY loved his little dog and begged the police to take care of her.. They didn't do that and just let Nina run off.. He then repeatedly BEGGED people in Wichita Falls on facebook to help him find his dog.. I am just so happy they got their little dog back..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Much relief today.. Attachments

sstrams141July 08, 2022 06:47AM

AWESOME!

Ramgator43July 08, 2022 08:39AM

Yeah, if we lost a pet..

sstrams49July 08, 2022 08:52AM

There are dog owners

IowaRam56July 08, 2022 02:17PM

Exactly...

sstrams43July 08, 2022 02:24PM

Was pretty lucky