Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Search for Murrieta, the Rest of the Story

March 16, 2022 05:13AM
By Gary Gragnani. I don't have a link at the moment but I can find one... Google search might work.

Mostly it's a collection of previously unprinted documents he found. Part of the title is "You Decide" so Gary doesn't come right out and give his opinion but I can vouch for the fact that he does, indeed, have one. It all started with a hat.

He came across a hat purported to have belonged to Murietta and once displayed in a now defunct museum... took him years to find it. He eventually did and bought it. Gary's primary motive was to make some money off the hat. laughing smiley Gary tried his best to find evidence that it was Joaquin's hat.... that led to this, that, and the next thing you know he was consumed by the topic.

There is a group of people near here that, and as you probably know, consider him somewhat of a hero. Every year they have a horseback ride from Cantua Creek, (where he was supposedly killed), to a local gathering. Until a couple of year's ago they used my equipment yard as one of their camping sites along their ride. Some of them claiming to be descendants. Gary interviewed many of them and was able to access some documents that had always been in private possession.

Gary is not a great writer. You'll find many grammatical errors in the book. He had asked me to proofread it before his final submission to the publisher and I had worked on it for about 2 weeks when he got 'antsy' and submitted it before I had sent him my suggestions, and there were many. laughing smiley BUT.. it's the documents he publishes for the first time that are important.

- JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The world we live in... Facebook...

JamesJM247March 12, 2022 01:36PM

Facebook has gotten to be a joke..

sstrams115March 12, 2022 01:44PM

Couldn't find a movie to watch last night so instead...

JamesJM127March 12, 2022 01:48PM

About 10 years ago, when computers took over health care....

NewMexicoRam103March 13, 2022 01:46PM

BUT...... Captain "Dunsel" talked that computer into killing itself!

Ramgator105March 15, 2022 10:28AM

It has actually worked quite well for me....

RAMbler160March 15, 2022 01:11PM

James...

RAMbler87March 15, 2022 04:09PM

My Search for Murrieta, the Rest of the Story

JamesJM130March 16, 2022 05:13AM

Followup, Gary's beliefs...

JamesJM125March 16, 2022 05:49AM

Thanks for taking the time James...

RAMbler88March 16, 2022 09:05AM

In case ya'll didn't see my other facebook post..

sstrams89March 16, 2022 09:25AM