Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone have any experience with GPS trackers

December 12, 2021 10:47AM
personal / pet trackers

I've used pet trackers for my dogs for a while , 4 years or so

Started out with the Fi pet tracker , then I switch to Whistle pet trackers , both seemed to work decent ................when they worked

or should say , stayed connected

depending on the location of your dog , the tracker is either connected to your wi-fi , your phones Bluetooth , or when out of range of your phones bluetooth
, then , cellular GPS , a few month ago , my Whistle tacker stopped working outside the range of my homes wi-fi , which basically makes it useless

Fi and Whistle both use AT&T cell service for tracking , I'm not sure if that was my problem or not . both trackers always seemed a little slow , or just didn't work at all some of the times

so for black Friday , I decided to give the Jiobit tracker a try , said it works with Version towers , which is what we use , , it got good reviews , so I finally got it yesterday , and today have been playing around with it , and so far , so good , seems to do a really good job real time tracking , the tracking is instant , unlike the Fi and Whistle , where it would only update once per minute , or 30 seconds

but with real time tracking , compared to once every minute or so , you loose some in battery time

where the Fi and Whistle could go a month or two between recharging , looks like the Jiobit , about a week or so is about it , a little longer if the dog is at home within wi-fi connection , much shorter if outside the range and using GPS cell service

I've never had a problem with losing a dog , but I do like having the peace of mind , ours are out in the back yard alot , it's fenced in , but a every now and then one would get out , usually because the gate didn't get latched properly , but they always stayed failry close to home and easy to find

but I still worry , there is a corn field right across the street , if one took off after a rabbit or something , poof , gone

so again , I do like having the peach of mind , so , now , I'll see how this Jiobit tracker holds up

haven't got app a 100% figured out yet , as you can add multiple safe zones , and other options

but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone have any experience with GPS trackers Attachments

IowaRam186December 12, 2021 10:47AM

I want to, but haven't been impressed..

sstrams52December 12, 2021 10:56AM

yea , there are several on the market

IowaRam36December 12, 2021 11:30AM

Let me know..

sstrams72December 12, 2021 11:39AM

Apple AirTags would probably work for this...

JamesJM136December 12, 2021 11:52AM

Re: Apple AirTags would probably work for this...

IowaRam49December 12, 2021 12:16PM

oh , and another question

IowaRam68December 12, 2021 01:00PM

Not sure how they work BUT....

JamesJM43December 12, 2021 01:22PM

BUT....

IowaRam66December 12, 2021 01:37PM

It's not limited to 33'...

JamesJM81December 12, 2021 02:18PM