Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: ZN.... Covid / Vaccine question.

March 17, 2021 04:07AM
Ramgator
As everyone knows, I have had strange aches that have scared me in the past month or two. They have made me wonder if I'm have heart issues...stomach, pancreas, liver....... The P.A. at my exam two days ago said there have been SOME reports of people having nerve reacted aches from Covid. I had ZERO symptoms when I actually had Covid but felt a bit chilled and tired after my two vaccine shots. I know you are much more in tune with this stuff than I am. Have YOU heard or read anything in regards to strange aches AFTER Covid or the vaccine? I HAVE heard of people STILL having breathing issues and feeling tired up to MONTHS afterwards. And by the way, I believe my aches are finally starting to fade. Like I have said before, they have been very mild pains. Initially, a month or two ago, they were a bit stronger.......all around the time I was getting over Covid and between my two shots.

I don't know about the vaccine. But I do know that people who have actually been infected and sick, even mildly, can have lingering issues from it. And yes it can be months. It even has a name--it is called "long Covid." This is widely reported and very reliable, data-backed medical info.

Whether or not what you refer to is "long Covid," I could not possibly say, and there is of course a danger in doing self-diagnosis on the basis of stuff we read online. But then being informed is better than not being informed so this is just a step in that direction. It may be worth checking out with a medical professional.

An article. Nothing special, just one of the first that came up on a search:

from What are the long-term effects of COVID-19?
March 08, 2021

[www.eehealth.org]

Most people who are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 recover within a few weeks without any lingering ill effects.

There is a group, unofficially known as “long-haulers,” who experience lingering health problems after they recover from the coronavirus infection.

For some, the symptoms can be life-altering. Researchers have found that about one-third of people who recover from COVID-19 had lingering symptoms three weeks after they first became ill, and that 50 to 80 percent of people experience symptoms three months later, even after fighting off the virus.

Who becomes a long-hauler is unpredictable, as many people who experience long-term symptoms had mild or moderate cases of COVID-19.

In general, the long-term effects of COVID-19 can vary. The most common lingering symptoms include:

Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Cough
Joint pain
Chest pain

Some people have reported other long-term symptoms, including:

Difficulty with thinking and concentration (sometimes called “brain fog”)
Depression
Muscle pain
Headache
Intermittent fever
Heart palpitations

While COVID-19 first affects lung function, some people have reported serious lingering symptoms that affect other body organs, including:

Cardiovascular: inflammation of the heart muscle
Respiratory: lung function abnormalities
Renal: acute kidney injury
Dermatologic: rash, hair loss
Neurological: smell and taste problems, sleep issues, difficulty concentrating, memory problems
Psychiatric: depression, anxiety, mood changes

Some people with pre-existing dental conditions reported gum sensitivity and even losing teeth after they recovered from COVID-19.

Unfortunately, it’s not clear why the symptoms remain after recovery from a COVID-19 infection, and it’s too early to know how long they’ll linger.

In the meantime, healthcare providers are doing their best to treat the symptoms and support long-haulers in their recovery.

The best way to manage the symptoms is to check in with your primary care physician regularly and track your symptoms. If needed, seek emergency care.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

ZN.... Covid / Vaccine question.

Ramgator262March 17, 2021 03:53AM

Re: ZN.... Covid / Vaccine question.

zn163March 17, 2021 04:07AM

New York Times: Long Covid Is Not Rare. It’s a Health Crisis.

MamaRAMa276March 17, 2021 04:14AM

My aches seem to be getting better.

Ramgator147March 17, 2021 02:56PM

I finally got first shot 2 days ago....

RAMbler133March 22, 2021 01:27PM

Re: I finally got first shot 2 days ago....

zn120March 23, 2021 01:56PM

Re: I finally got first shot 2 days ago....

MamaRAMa111March 23, 2021 02:23PM

With all due respect...

sstrams230March 23, 2021 02:29PM

Re: With all due respect...

MamaRAMa119March 23, 2021 02:34PM

Thank you, but..

sstrams109March 23, 2021 03:02PM

where are you getting this from?

zn130March 23, 2021 03:56PM

Benefit

waterfield154March 23, 2021 03:28PM

I appreciate your words..