Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ya know, to this very day that ticks me off...

March 06, 2020 10:41AM
but first... since my first viewing I have come to like the movie.... somewhat. but that first viewing?

A friend and I were on pins and needles waiting for the opening.... and on the big day actually stood in line for 4 hours, (might have been longer than that, I seem to recall arriving while it was still dark), to see the first viewing. Only time I ever did that.

I was late to Star Trek.... didn't see it at all when it first aired... I was in college... too busy partying to watch TV. So when it came out in Syndication, many years later, I finally got to see it... and was instantly addicted. My point being:

The movie was not that long of a wait for me... for my friend it was a lifetime as he had followed it closely when it first aired on TV.

We were excited... and then, we were very let down. We both felt that the 'idea' was brilliant.... but that's where the movie failed for us... because they took a brilliant idea and then did.... almost nothing with. Very poor attempt.... in our opinion... and I think probably a 'rush' to cash in on the success of the Star War's hysteria... which again was smart, but they should have taken their time.

Ok... today... I'm no where near as critical today. BUT... I still don't think it was a great movie. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Voyager 2 is gathering science data again

SeattleRam354March 04, 2020 04:38PM

Re: Voyager 2 is gathering science data again

IowaRam98March 05, 2020 01:15PM

Been a little curious... as to whether or not they

JamesJM96March 05, 2020 05:00PM

Re: Been a little curious... as to whether or not they

SeattleRam106March 05, 2020 09:30PM

And it will keep going till it becomes............

Ramgator146March 06, 2020 10:16AM

Ya know, to this very day that ticks me off...

JamesJM102March 06, 2020 10:41AM

Wow! Sounds just like me and my Brother!

Ramgator77March 08, 2020 09:09AM