Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Private schools are subject to State regulation

February 18, 2019 07:55AM
however that regulation is limited compared to public schools pursuant to the !st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Many articles are written on this subject. I've yet to find one that addresses the freedom of students to transfer to a Catholic or other parochial school of their choice regardless of its location.

I understand the point about a group of very good athletes making each other better but logic would say the reverse is true as well-i.e. a group of poorer performing athletes would make them individually worse. A better approach -athletic wise-would be for a good athlete making a poorer athlete better-which would be possible if easy transfers-based solely on athletic ability were not possible.

The problem isn't just parochial schools either. We have some outstanding and famous coaches in a couple of our public schools in Orange County-where I live. We see transfers all the time with skimpiest of excuses. ( "I want to live with my long lost cousin" etc.) What it really comes down to in the end is parental involvement and money. (i.e. I want my kid to be the best so he can be a professional athlete and make lots of dough-which will benefit me. I'm not really interested in the quality of education at school X but more important to me is the athletic program"winking smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's a re-match, Greg... Bakersfield Christian...

JamesJM108February 17, 2019 08:48AM

tough go against those private schools......

21Dog78February 17, 2019 02:27PM

I don't know....

JamesJM63February 17, 2019 02:57PM

Re: tough go against those private schools......

waterfield64February 17, 2019 04:16PM

I'll be a little controversial here... or maybe a lot...

JamesJM69February 17, 2019 07:51PM

Private schools are subject to State regulation

waterfield66February 18, 2019 07:55AM

Re: Private schools are subject to State regulation

JamesJM70February 18, 2019 09:24AM

About that pitcher I mentioned....

JamesJM144February 23, 2019 08:21AM

I stand corrected yet again...

JamesJM57February 23, 2019 11:35AM

Our Pitcher... made the news.

JamesJM82February 26, 2019 09:05AM