Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What the hell?

May 24, 2023 02:38PM
Your highest point isn't even a mountain? Oh that's WEIRD.... so of course I LOVE IT. laughing smiley

BTW... the highest point in and around my home town is actually man made. I know because I built it. laughing smiley Many many years ago I bought my Dad two Buffalos... his favorite animal. We raised them as pets. I built a fenced in pasture for them and in the middle of the pasture I built a hill.... maybe 15' high.... with a shade on top for our hot summer days... also a mister pressure system so they could cool off. Thunder and Cochise.... fed them by hand until they were a few months old. It was not easy.... even a small buffalo calf can put up a tremendous fight. I got kicked, pounded, beaten to a pulp so many times I lost count. laughing smiley Thankfully...

They eventually calmed down, somewhat. One could hand feed them apples, pears, and such... but you didn't dare turn your back on Cochise. No, he wasn't mean at all... he was playful... problem is a playful 2,000lb buffalo can get a bit rowdy... several times he lifted me off the ground higher than the 15' hill I built for him.

Thunder died young due to a disease common to buffalo, even though we had vaccinated her regularly. We felt Cochise was lonely so we put a little goat in with him to keep him company. Damn goat had attitude and would constantly challenge Cochise for "King of the Hill"... outweighed by 1,950lbs he would NOT back off.. Cochise raised him off the ground several times as well... breaking his leg.... TWICE! And yet... they were buddies.

People from town used to drive out to see Cochise asleep on the hill and that goat lying on top of him snoozing as well. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

sstrams... remember me posting your worlds smallest skyscraper... Attachments

JamesJM96May 24, 2023 01:10PM

Yeah, I get that...

sstrams45May 24, 2023 01:22PM

first question

IowaRam57May 24, 2023 01:29PM

What the hell?

JamesJM51May 24, 2023 02:38PM

That's an awesome story..

sstrams47May 24, 2023 02:40PM

I get asked about Cochise and Thunder to this day....

JamesJM58May 24, 2023 02:55PM

when you say Buffalos.

IowaRam44May 24, 2023 03:02PM

We have a lot of buffalo in our area..

sstrams47May 24, 2023 03:10PM

Heck yeah! Where I used to live with my ex, down in Middleburg..

Ramgator41May 24, 2023 03:17PM

There's an old ICBM silo about 120 miles from here..

sstrams48May 24, 2023 03:23PM