Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want to ride in it....

March 15, 2023 08:05AM
both the real one and fly the sim. I'm greedy. laughing smiley

Hope you don't mind this takeoff on your post.... but your screenshot made me think of this. Warning... for non-aviation buffs this will make little sense to you. laughing smiley

I started flying lessons in 1967. It was a different world back then. We used to actually do touch and goes at SF International... if you can believe that.. in a Cessna 150! laughing smiley

But as to your screenshot. Hangars. Back then, and for quite a few years after with many still existing today, those old hangars were everywhere... and I LOVE them. When I go in one it's like I enter another world. I could live in one.. and I'm not joking.

I think my favorite of all time was the old Hangar in Coos Bay, Oregon. It was wooden, and it was HUGE... I think built for WWII? Not sure about that. It's probably still standing. I love airports in general.... and to this day visit them often. Most hangars today are off limits, for obvious reason... but back then you could roam around... pretend to be a WWII tail-gunner if you're in to that kind of thing..my guess is that Steve is. laughing smiley

Ok, I'm in mourning. I tried to find a photo of the hangar at Coos Bay, (actually North Bend), only to discover that it burned down in 2012. My heart is broken. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The F-15 Virtual Reality sim I'm building.. Attachments

sstrams177March 15, 2023 07:15AM

Re: The F-15 Virtual Reality sim I'm building..

SeattleRam88March 15, 2023 07:43AM

I want to ride in it....

JamesJM95March 15, 2023 08:05AM

Mama, let Frank know something for me....

JamesJM87March 15, 2023 08:11AM

This one won't fly..

sstrams98March 15, 2023 08:21AM

pretty cool

IowaRam92March 15, 2023 01:02PM

Not on this sim... Attachments

sstrams95March 15, 2023 02:42PM