Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 replies

December 20, 2022 08:55AM
Rams43

We, in effect, don’t currently have a functioning TE corps do we? Even Higbee has disappointed. Speaking of Higbee, his departure this offseason is probably on the table as a topic of Ram coaches discussion. I’m serious. This TE situation has been weakening for years without being recognized and dealt with by Snead/McVay. Almost unforgivable.

Rams are also guilty of making some non-optimal personnel decisions over recent years via draft and FA (pretty diplomatic there, huh?). In addition, Rams coaching decisions have become more puzzling of late. McVay’s asst coaches currently are not of the same caliber as in recent years, either. Rams assistants used to be considered great teachers and rapid developers of young talent but that now seems to be gone. Hell, it seems like now they can’t develop ANYONE.

1. I think Higbee is gone. Of the 5 players we have making $4+ million, he is the only one way underperforming. Any chance we go ahead and pay him $8mil next season?

2. While much is made of the McVay coaching tree, there is one factor that seems to be misseed. All these guys coached with a Gruden before they joined McVay: Aaron Kroemer, Skip Peete, Joe Barry, Raheem Morris, Ejiro Evero, Greg Olson, Wes Phillips, Aubrey Pleasant, Shane Waldron, Kevin O'Connell, Kevin Carberry. Gruden found them, McVay's brilliance was exploiting them. However, he's run out of former colleagues. How good is Sean at finding new coaches that he doesn't have a history with?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few thoughts to share this morning…

Rams43229December 20, 2022 08:19AM

of course they're overrated

Coy Bacon124December 20, 2022 08:28AM

IF......

NewMexicoRam211December 20, 2022 08:44AM

Re: IF......

RamsFanSinceLA54December 20, 2022 09:04AM

2 replies

303059December 20, 2022 08:55AM

Few thoughts